MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have never read anything speculating on this yet so I was wondering about it. Do you think S&W should build a single stack M&P? Would there be a sufficient market for it? I know this is a common want for the Glock guys, and kind of an ongoing joke now. I am thinking more along the lines of a single stack compact model, I know I would be interested in one anyway. Seeing all the Glock guys who have been asking for a while it might be interesting if S&W beat them to it.

Though I hate to open a can of worms I just had to anyway.
Your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
My 2 cents

Well it might make a wonderful collector item one day but for now I love my 15 in the full size, and my 12 in the compact.. For me it is a comfort fact more ammo less reloading

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would love it if they made a sigle stack M&P if it would be comparable in size to the Kahr PM or even P series. I think that there is a good market for that size of hand gun for concealed carry. Glock and Sig have failed to do it thus far and I'm not expecting them to anytime soon.

I just can't justify spending $600 +/- on a Kahr. It just seems too costly for a product that has had a spotty history and customer service.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Re: My 2 cents

101Combat Vet said:
Well it might make a wonderful collector item one day but for now I love my 15 in the full size, and my 12 in the compact.. For me it is a comfort fact more ammo less reloading

I have the same guns as you - M&P40 - M&P9c and agree 100% - more ammo / less reloading.

I also have a PM9 and a P-3AT both single stack 6+1

I have not carried the M&P40 (Houston is hot - a little hard to conceal) - but - IMO there is not that much difference between the Kahr PM9 and the M&P9c - if you carry IWB/OWB - I have been concealing the PM9 ( both IWB & pocket) for over a year now - at first it felt big - now it seems strange when I don't have it on me - it just takes some time to get use to it.

I have not shot the M&P9c yet (today at 12:00!!) but once I break it in and check reliability - I plan to start to carry it IWB - in a DeSantis holster.

I have change from a P-3AT in the (front) pocket - to a

PM9 in the pocket - to a

PM9 IWB - to a

PM9 IWB and P-3AT in my pocket to - maybe a

M&P9c IWB and - the P-3AT or PM9 in the pocket

1 - 6 of 6 Posts