MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Somehow

I'm missing something, what happened to the "eye witnesses" ? supposedly there were 8 of them.. Totally ignored ? threatened ? shut up under duress it seems ? surprised in a state like delaware this didn't draw more Attorney General attention, and or political attention.. guess every one believed the cops..

Although if the story is true shooting a haplass tasered individual is about as bad as it can get..

I do hope the civil suite works, those guys don't need to be on the job acting like that.

What next ? Death for parking violations...

Jeff.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I still don't know what to make of this. The article is over the top to the point that it makes me question its authenticity and/or motives. Sounds to me either the cop who shot the man is a loose cannon with an itchy trigger finger, OR the cops collectively were outside the rules that dictate use of force and the force continuum.

I can not see shooting someone while they are being tazered.... either that cop WANTED to shoot someone, or he was unwilling to go hands on in a sketchy situation and he felt more comfortable shooting the suspect. This sucks, either way.

·
Registered
115 Posts
well

I find it hard to believe that any police force would have a policy where they would shoot a tasered individual on the ground not resisting activley, common unless the guy is completely doped out of his brain a taser is going to leave you twitching and to be hit 3 times.. you'd be like jello.. Then the LT triple taps him in the chest ? huh.. he felt he was in danger of his life by a guy puking his guts out on the flowers ?

NOT to mention that there were how many officers there ?? 8 -15 ? and again, what happened to the "eye witnesses" during the investigation, don't all Forces investigate deadly force shooting to determine if they were legal ?.

If the story is to be believed i get the feeling the cop(s) were looking for someone to pop.. and everything afterward is pretty bad concerning a cover up.. Just no way they should be able to justify it.

I have the utmost respect for the police, they put themselves into some pretty nasty situations and risk their lives every day. Realistically I guess i should not be sitting here critizing their actions.. especially without having first hand knowledge of the situation. However abuse of power is not something uncommon in the police ranks either, unfortuneatley, and in this case if it's true that abuse has been pushed pretty far.

Hope to hear some follow up on this, good or bad.

Jeff.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The problem with this story (besides the thinly veiled bias') is the use of a Taser. I am of the belief that tasers do more harm than good and should not be used by police officers. If a police officer has only one choice, deadly force, it becomes very clear as to the outcome of the current events if the suspect does not comply. One decision, one outcome. This is a difficult decision for the police officer, but should be very easy for the suspect. Taser are way too easy to use because the police officer does not have to worry about deadly force or a good justification for that matter. A firearm pointed at someone puts them in check without physically impeding their movements. This allows them to comply and to avoid a situation such as this.

BTW, this brings up an interesting topic. If someone steps out of the shadows with a taser are you justified in defending yourself with deadly force?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm stuck too. I was completely enraged at first but the more I read the bias, I started to wonder then I read the article referenced in the article and became enraged again. I respect LEO's very much but this is just unbelievable. The shooter should be sentenced to life in prison.<--- That is a very large period at the end of that sentence.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I DUNNO, FOLKS - - - -

I'm just not sure which - if any - part of that story is true. It is certainly NOT unbiased.

The "Orwellian" style of the writer calls his credibility into question in my mind.

It's real hard for me to accept that such a tragedy occurred and wasn't "splashed" all over CNN and the rest of the liberal media. Perhaps it was. I wouldn't know. I don't pay a great deal of attention to the LibMed

Considering all the ink and "tube time" wasted on the "fraterinty prank" at Abu Graib I can't imagine the LibMed not jumping on this like a duck on a june bug.

If it's true it certainly is a tragedy screaming for justice. IF.

I guess I need to do some research.

BLACKJACK

·
Registered
524 Posts
I can't see how you don't condone Tasers for LE use. The options before were verbal, mace (almost worthless), baton (again, worthless AND dangerous), hands on (really dangerous) and then Handgun (Works. Permanently.).

A taser is pretty much guaranteed to stop someone. It doesn't work with pain compliance, it works on the physical ability of a person's motor skills. So as far as I understand, it doesn't matter if the person IS doped out of their gord, they are going down for the length that the shock is delivered. In that time frame I don't see how the officers didn't have time to effect the arrest. Also, I can't see how the suspect would of been able to pose a threat as you would be very hard pressed to do anything but urinate yourself and crumple under several taser hits, let alone effectively fight back or even raise a weapon.

Further, what was the outcome of the criminal investigation resulting from his wire tap and arrest. Was the suspect/victim(?) guilty? That should be very telling...

The article does more harm then good I'm afraid in its portrayal of the events as they unfolded. This is almost local to me (I'm in Philadelphia) and I haven't heard a word about this on the general media. Maybe if the suspect was black and called a "nappy headed hoe" we'd here more :roll:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dear Closet - - -

I'm sorry but I must take particular exception to the last paragraph of your post. I am shocked - no mortified - by your last statement. How could you ever be so WRONG !! It is divisive and wholey misleading.

The word is not "hoe" - That's a gardening instrument.

The correct word here is "ho".

Good gawd man - - spelling counts.

Y'all have a really great day.

BLACKJACK (Probably the world's worst speller).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts