MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come down with something. Maybe the flu, I don't know.

102 fever

chills

extreme body aches

coughing

congested

sore throat

I tried some Nyquil last night. But I tossed and turned all night.

Does anyone have a good home remedy?

This sucks...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Man I am a little girl when I am sick. Hopefully it wasnt food poisoning. With all the food you ate
My only suggestion brother try and relax, put the projects off for a few more days :wink:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Call a buddy and see if they can find a good, kosher deli nearby for some REAL chicken soup. Not the stuff in cans, but the REAL thing.

It will help, and is a fantastic compliment to any other therapy, even if you wind up on Antibiotics. I know, I know, some MD will give you the whole spiel about antibiotics not touching a virus, but to prevent secondary infections, complications, they are often necessary with todays superbugs.

If that 102 degree fever persists, I'd get into urgent care ASAP and get some meds to prevent this from turning into something very serious.

Good Health and Get Well Soon!

Cet.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Double shot of Southern Comfort 100 proof, 2 TBL spoons lemon juice, 1 TBL spoon honey. Repeat every 10 minutes until you just can't. Seriously, it will help with the cough and throat (just kidding about the every 10 minutes deal, although I have been known to do it that way). YMMV.

Hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Take some Airborne (vitamin) and try Zicam its a medicated swab you put in you nose. Did both last week and was able to fight off flu like cold in two days. good luck and get better soon. If all else fails Crown and water will work :wink:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
tsix said:
Double shot of Southern Comfort 100 proof, 2 TBL spoons lemon juice, 1 TBL spoon honey. Repeat every 10 minutes until you just can't. Seriously, it will help with the cough and throat (just kidding about the every 10 minutes deal, although I have been known to do it that way). YMMV.

Hope you feel better soon!

dont forget the 30 minute marijuana cigarette with what tsix said you will be happy and sleepy in no time

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Lots of rest and a sympathetic wife who'll wait on you hand and foot...Ok, that last part is a really unreasonable dream but we can all hope, right?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
cet said:
Call a buddy and see if they can find a good, kosher deli nearby for some REAL chicken soup. Not the stuff in cans, but the REAL thing.

Wouldn't be a problem to find in Orlando, but could be in Yukon OK (U.S.A.)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Sounds like the flu I caught about 3 to 4 weeks ago... it lasted for about a week and a half and was pure misery. I was still going to work, to, which only made it worse.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I'm going back to bed to try and sleep.

·
Registered
75 Posts
from the med student....

don't take alcohol, that will lower youy immune system

Probably viral but if the fever persists, cough gets worse and you have trouble breathing, you have bad bad neck pain GO SEE A DOCTOR!

On a side note people think that those herbal meds work because you take it and if it is a virus is starts to clear on its own anyways and there is a coorelation based on timeframe only...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Its gotta run its course, my friend. But to make yourself feel better...go buy another M&P!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Damn sorry to hear your sick Yukon.

I wasn't sure whether or not to post in this thread (i don't want to catch it) :wink:

Seriously, eat, TONs of sleep, rest and no stress.

Drink lots of H2o.

Hope you kick it soon.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks again guys.

My fever is gone; but I think I have an ear infection now.

It's going to be a long weekend...

·
Registered
673 Posts
Oh that's why I didn't get a reply

IF YOU DON'T MAKE IT CAN I HAVE YOUR GUNS?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts