MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a .22 Magnum that I use on my property for varmit control. I find its a fine weapon for keeping the rabbit, racoon, possum, and skunk populations in control and out of the gardens.

My problem is the sights on the gun are low, I have to scrunch my face into the stock to line them up, and sometimes find myself tilting the gun to the right, which of course is wrong. The sights are decent, eitehr fiberoptic or fiberoptic wanna be's. I need to raise the sights so I can use them properly, and I also need to be able to use them in low light to no light conditions.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might be able to use? Soemthing with a quick and easy sight picture, along with some decent amount of adjustability for range.

And before anyone says anything about a scope, I would love one, but most of my shots are under 100yds, and I find using a scope for short range shooting to be a total no-go. I wouldnt be opposed to adding a scope if there were a good solution for using sights and a scope ont he same weapon.

I attached a few pics of the current config.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Hey Angry, I don't have an answer but do suggest you state Make and Model of the .22 Mag.

Enjoy :twisted:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TOF said:
Hey Angry, I don't have an answer but do suggest you state Make and Model of the .22 Mag.

Enjoy :twisted:

That might be a good idea lol.

It's a Marlin 882 SS, picked up used from a local Gunshop.

·
Registered
280 Posts
You could always mount a C-more on it
That'll give you a nice, crisp sight that isn't likely to fail you any time soon, and is quite visible at night

1 - 6 of 6 Posts