MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten very used to the sight picture on my HK P2000. It seems to have a bigger sight picture or ratio than typically speced on American guns. The front blade is .140" wide and the rear notch is .170" wide. The M&P which comes with a .130" ft and a .140" rear notch. What width front and rear combo would I need to gain the extra light in the sight picture that I am used to?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen that post. What I really want is to understand the concept. To be able to figure out for such and such sight radius what combination of front post width and rear notch width will give me the same sight picture.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whether it is good or bad remains to be seen but sometimes I like to get a little more indepth than I pulled the trigger and it went bang, as is well.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
I like the narrow gap, for shooting precision, for fast shooting you might want a wider gap, gain some speed at the cost of precision, it's all personal preference.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe I am asking this wrong. I think we can agree that each has their preference in sight gap. My question is how do I figure what size front and rear sights do I need to equal the ratio that I currently have on my HK?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
UPSguy said:
I have seen that post. What I really want is to understand the concept. To be able to figure out for such and such sight radius what combination of front post width and rear notch width will give me the same sight picture.

don't make it complicated.

If you liekd something with a fat front sight that was .03 narrower than the rear sight, you get something that has as close to a .03 gap as possible between front and rear, and do it with the chunkier offerings rather than the skinnier ones. i.e. don't go with the dawson .115 front to do it.

you are making it way too complicated.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
raz-0, as I responded in the other post, I am not making this too difficult. It was a specific technical question, what combination of sights will give me the 1:2 or 2:1 (i forget which order) sight gap. I really don't mean any offense to you personally but with SpeedShooters making custom width front sights I can get the exact size I want if I knew how to figure it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts