MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I was not sure where to post it. Mods, please feel free to move it if needed.

I am considering a sight change on my .40c. I do like the Novac sights a lot though. With my last gun, I have the 3 dot Trijicons and I thought, that was the only way to have it. I have been reading around and am not wondering about putting the combo package at the MP store that includes the "Warren Tactical (plain) Rear + S&W Factory Trijicon Front". I know that the NS is mainly good for low light situations. I have also blacked out the white dots on my rear sight now, just to give me an idea of what the Warren sight might be like. It does force you to focus on the front site.

What setup do you all like the best? The 3 dot Trijicon set up or the Warren Tactical (plain) Rear + S&W Factory Trijicon Front?

I really do value your input on this question as it will greatly influence my decision.

Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I prefer the plain rear and front night sight. The 3 dot set-up is about my least favorite. In fact, I think the Glock box/dot is much better than 3 dot.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I'm a 3 dot convert, and was really skeptical about the night sights.

The factory night sight isn't just for no/low light shooting, it works very well in daylight also, it has a white ring around the trit.

Take a look at the pass and review section for the sight picture for the warren rear sight.

One thing to consider, at night, if you hear a bump, 1 more than likely instinctive shooting is going to be what you use, and 2, less is more. If you have 3 glowing dots up there, more than likely your just going to see a dot and shoot because of the adrenalin pumping.

Shooting in low light with one dot takes practice, but I can tell you from having another with 3 glowing dots, that isn't easy to shoot with either. I think its easier with 1 dot.

Practice practice and more practice is what you need for low light. The front night sight will help at night and the rear black will help in the day.

My 40 has the warren/ tritium and my 40c that is on the way will have the same combo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts