MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all....

I am relatively new to all this - I have been shooting only since September of this year (635 rounds so far through the S&W M&P 9c). Love the gun (not the trigger pull, but that's another posting), but my eyes aren't the best, and I am considering changing the sights from what comes with the gun - the front steel ramp dovetail mount and the rear steel Novak lo-mount carry. I know little about this whole area -- what sights do others use and recommend for this gun, e.g. Tritium, bead sights, etc. All suggestions are appreciated, and approximately how much does it cost to buy and install?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I have heard a lot of people say that a good setup is warren tactical rear and hi-viz fiber optic front let us know what you decide :wink:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Dan Burwell makes his own rear sight, or a Warren would be great, Dawson Fiber optic front sights, your choice of colors.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
It all depends on what you want your 9c for. If it's a mini-target pistol then I might go with Morgan Walker's suggestion. If it's a self defense pistol I'd go with Trijicon night sights. Of the Trijicon colors I'd go with the SA37Y with a bright green glow in the dark dot up front and two glow in the dark yellow dots on the rear. They are back ordered right now but when they have them Optics Planet sells them for $109 delivered.

·
Registered
445 Posts
before you buy a set of sights. If at all posible try out some of them.If not possible, then

I have a friend that has a need for strong bi-focals he uses either the 'big dot express site, or a fiber optic front. He can index the front without his glasses, for defensive shooting.

What is your vision problem?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would avoid fiber optics for a carry gun. They tend to be a bit too fragile to be a good sight for a carry/duty gun. I would stick to a well made set of sights. I work for XS, so we all know what I would personally recommend (BIG DOT!!). That being said, the Trijicon sights are pretty good. I've played with both Warren Tactical and the 10-8 sights, and they work well also. I haven't played with Dan's sight, so I can't comment there. If at all possible, try anything that you may be interested in before you buy them.

Joe

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi All, thanks for your replies -- you got me thinking.

I am looking for new sights for my M&P 9c that will work both for target shooting and self-protection (a tall order, I know). At this point in time, no laser sights, with one exception, fit on the small rail (1 inch) of the compact. That exception is the X2L:

http://www.insightlights.com/products-x2l.htm

This is pricey to say the least -- I was quoted a MSRP of $241.95. Has anyone had any experience with this sight?

Also, how do you feel about the XS Sight Systems? That is high on my list for consideration, especially the BIG DOT model. (Thanks, Joe Long)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts