MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange thing. My front site is off center-measurably--to the right looking towards the muzzle. The rear site off slightly in teh same direction though not as much. My shots tend to hit to the left when I shoot naturally. When I grip firmly and take time and shoot from a supported position, I hit the bullseye.

Should I leave it alone? I feel like I am fighting the gun a bit to get it to hit center though I am not aiming to the right. Does this make sense? I am wondering if my super focused grip is causing me to "hit" right which means I am actually hitting the bullseye adn compensating for the sites.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
My 9 and 40 were both off a bit to the left from shooting view. It appears that S&W's automated sight installation jig is not exactly centered. Both of mine were accurate as received. One of the TV Shooting shows had a visit to the M&P production line and the sight installation shown was offset slightly. If it hits point of aim or preferably slightly high (1" at 15 yds" leave it be and have fun. :twisted:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Off center sights have been a common problem ever since the M&P was introduced to the public. I can't believe the issue still hasn't been corrected at the factory. It sure doesn't say much for Smith & Wesson's Quality Control!

Also, this topic has been around on this Forum for quite some time. Do a search and you will find many posts, as well as corrective measures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts