MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After not being able to go to the range for a few weeks, I did go and put about 200 rounds down range yesterday. I did notice that I was shooting down and to the left of the target, so I adjusted my point of aim to about the 1:00 position. I thought at first that it was just me, but after letting some other far better shooters try my gun they had the same results. How can you adjust the factory sights? Can I get a Bomar type rear sight for the M&P ?

·
Registered
419 Posts
First of all, 115gr ammo will shoot lower. Secondly, the trigger on the M&P is different than other guns. Because some "better shooters" may be good on what they were shooting, it does not necessarily mean they will shoot well on the M&P or any other gun for that matter.

Do a search for the low left topic. I'm convinced most of the issues are user error, not firearm issues. If you are still not convinced, send the gun off to S&W and they will ensure the sights are properly zeroed.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Check your front sight and see if it is centered on the slide. There have been many reports on this Forum about off-centered front sights and shooting low/left. After I centered my front sight and worked on my trigger control, I can now hit POA everytime. Merry Christmas.........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts