MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my Sigma a week ago. Previously owned a Glock 21 .45 ACP. Upon arriving home saturday from the range I proceded to break down the Sigma to clean it. I was astounded by how much the Sigma looked like the Glock broken down. (No wonder they got sued) Anyway I wonder what kind of Glock parts if any are swappable with the Sigma. The guide rod in particular is what I'm thinking, but i'd like to know what else.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, they're similar in design.

I think it's a profoundly bad idea to swap parts from one manufacturer's gun to another's, when they don't purport to be the same model (so I'm not saying don't use a 1911 mag in another brand 1911). First of all, no one in their right mind would ever trust the gun for use with another gun's parts on board. Secondly, any parts you might need to replace are readily available. Third, God forbid anything should go wrong as a result of the foolish parts-swapping and someone get hurt as a result (says the attorney) - what possible good can come of this?

If it's just an intellectual exercise, it seems right up there with wondering how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts