MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks have a question. I have a 2.0 compact 9 optics ready with the tall sites. At this time I’m not going to use a red dot. I’m having a heck of a time trying to find what I’m looking for as everything That I have found is for the old style site. What I want is a bright orange front site with a night site. Blacked out rear with either a u notch or a wide v. I emailed trigicon and excess sites. So far have not gotten a response. Any suggestions and info appreciated.

·
Registered
78 Posts
never had these but they have what you are looking for

·
Registered
M&P9C 2.0 C.O.R.E.
2 Posts
In the model drop down it states that they don't fit C.O.R.E. models.

I have the same pistol and had a hell of a time finding night sights that would fit, ended up going with Trijicon as they were the only ones that I could find, green glow both front and rear however.

I've since added a Holosun H507C-ACSS though, and it's been a game changer for both target acquisition and accuracy since my old ass eyes weren't able to focus on the sights at arm's length and I could tilt my head far enough back to get my bifocals working to compensate.

·
Registered
204 Posts
There are web sites and there are gun sights.

If the spelling of the word in the title could be corrected it would be most helpful.

Thank you.

Reactions: john v and v35

·
Registered
32 Posts
I took my two M&P40C 2.0's to the range for the first time, yesterday, I fired both at seven yards. The 4" was predicably less recoil and flash, I had difficulty seeing the sights well, as I was wearing safety sunglasses. I still did respectable enough. With the 3.6", though just a little shorter, had more recoil and flash. I had the same problem seeing the sights, but settled in. I hit about an inch to the left with the entire extended magazine (15 rounds). The wife had better groups than me, but her 3.6" was the same 1" to the left. I just ordered two sets of XS F8 sights and will change out both so they are the same, and try to get the 3.6 regulated.

I bought the 3.6" after the 4.0" as I could get a 357 Sig conversion barrel for it and not the 4.0" at the time.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Your trigger pull technique and the way you hold your pistol can affect where the bullet hits on the target (as well as sights being misaligned for the ammo you're shooting.)

I used to be an appleseed instructor (years ago). You'd be surprised how many people have to adjust their rifle sights on Saturday morning to get their bullets to strike where they are aiming. Sometime Saturday afternoon, as they learn and put into use more good techniques a lot of them are moving the sights again.

So, if you're not off much, maybe some more good practice might see the bullet impact move to the point of aim without having to adjust the rear sight.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We both fire five different guns. Two XDM10's, two M&P40C's, one Hellcat. Both of us had good accuracy on all but the M&P40C 3.6", so the same one gun of five with two different shooters. I can use help to be a better shot, but I think the sights need to be adjusted on the one gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts