MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing too serious, but enough to alarm me that the gun may not have been finished properly. Before anyone questions, I do take care of my guns. I regularly wipe-down, strip, and re-lube. I only trust 3 products for gun care: EEZOX, CLP, and Militec-1. I have never had any amount of rust develop on any of my short guns or long guns.

So, needless to say I was very concerned when I found my bed-side HD gun had small amounts of rust on the slide and barrel hood. My M&P .45's serial is MPN44xx (born on 4-18-2007).

I called S&W last night and they immediately offered to send me a postage paid return label.

As this is my first time sending a gun back to S&W, is there anything I should know ahead of time or do? Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the 45 is off on its return trip to place of birth. Hopefully the slide and barrel will be refinished. I will update as things proceed.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The M&P 45 came back today, but of course I wasn't at home to accept delivery....

So I shall have to wait until Monday...drat...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah, that's right...

I called and hopefully I can make it and pick it up this evening. I only sent one package to them, but I am getting 2 packages in return...Hmmmmmmmmm....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the 45 back from Smith today! Nice, they really made my day! They replaced the slide and barrel on the M&P45. Plus they sent it back with an extra mag. Yes!

Almost like getting a brand new gun...heck with a brand new barrel, it is a new gun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.