MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning my new M&P 9mmC. All went well taking it apart. I tried putting it back together. The slide went on but I was unable to bring up the take down lever no matter where i had the slide. So I tried to take it apart and start over. Bad idea. Now my slide is jammed in the normal oisition and the take down lever won't go up or down. Can someone help a noobie please with exact steps? Eagerly awaiting your help. I thought I was doing so go. BTW, right now to fix tis, what position should the sear deactivation lever be in? Thanks Cheryl

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sear deactivation lever should be down (see Figure 18B on page 21 in the manual)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Frustrating huh Cheryl. I agree with you, BAD IDEA! My first take down, the take down lever came completely out, not just 1 inch! When I reassemble, try to!, the slide won't re-install AND the take down lever won't go up. I assume it's "Pilot Error" but I can't find any help from S&W. I feel like I didn't put the take down lever back in properly. If you find any help, I would greatly appreciate it. I tried following the manual but instructions were not clear enough for this old man! If you or anyone else know how to get some help from S&W without sending the gun to them, please let me know. Thank you in advance for any help.👍

·
Registered
538 Posts
Since the thread is over a decade old and the OP hasn't logged in for over a decade, I wouldn't hold my breathe for them to answer.

Starting a new thread would have been a good idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts