MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my new shield plus to the range last weekend.
I noticed that it does not allow the slide catch to drop when I slingshot from slide lock.
Please don't recommend thumbing the catch off, as I know there is a problem.
Before i call smith, Anybody else experience this and find a fix?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I caused the same issue on my 9EZ, the slide stop spring broke after I tried an aftermarket trigger kit.

Bought new spring, installed correctly with factory trigger and works great. I don't recommend trying to modify the trigger in a 9EZ.

I'd tear down the pistol carefully and clean and set the spring. Ensuring it's correct, or have a smith take a look. Spring was a $3 part.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Field strip the pistol and raise the Slide Stop. If it doesn't immediately retract, then yes, it may be either a broken spring, or broken bar itself (at the pivot point).
If it retracts, but feels gritty, the bar may be rubbing against the frame. If it feels gritty, look to see what it is rubbing against.

If you end up needing to replace either the spring, or the bar, there are plenty of good videos of how to completely strip and assemble the Shield line of pistols.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Took my new shield plus to the range last weekend.
I noticed that it does not allow the slide catch to drop when I slingshot from slide lock.
Please don't recommend thumbing the catch off, as I know there is a problem.
If yours is anything like mine when new, the slide stop can over-extend when manually pushed up. You can see that the catch will slip under the slide if you push up hard enough. In my case, there was a burr on the slide catch that prevented it from coming back down under spring power. After wearing in the pistol some, it stopped doing it. So, if you’re having the problem only after manually pushing up the slide stop, then it could be the same thing that happened to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts