MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a second M&P 45ACP. If you let the slide go forward slowly it will not go completly into battery. You can shake the weapon or give the rear of the slide a gentle push and it will pop into battery. Also when you put the slide back on the frame the first set of the frame rails are a little tight. I Don't think this is neccessairly bad. I think the gun will shoot in fine. What is your opinion's on this matter. I have had AA-1911's with this type problem and they shot in just fine. I do not have a lot of experience with the M&P type pistol. My first M&P is a great shooter but it did not have the going into battery issue.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Trying to tell how your gun works by hand-cycling it is like trying to figure out how your car will run by pushing it. As you've surmised, you'll have to shoot it to see how it shoots. I wouldn't worry about it at this point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have seen this issue on several new M&P's including my wifes. Seems that after a short break in the issue goes away. My wifes M&P no longer does this.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pur a quick 50rds through the gun witn no problems. The slide going into battery is much better. A few more rounds and it will probably go away. The front part of the slide rails are still a little snug but it did not seem to hurt anything. I had a mixture of Silver tips Fedral personal defense (165gr) and ball. Gun feed every round with out a hitch, even when ammo was mixed. I think S&W has a winner with this model. I hope they get there share of law enforcement agencies and the military contract. One important thing is it is made right here in the USA.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Uh, whats the problem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts