MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an M&P 40 with about 800 rounds through it. The last couple trips to the range I have had the slide lock back with rounds still in the magazine. This has happened with both magazines I have. I clean thoroughly after each range trip including the lips of the magazine. What else should I be looking for? I know limp wristing will cause this and if I shoot one handed the slide locks back almost every time. I suppose it could be related to limp wristing the occasional shot. What other things should I look at?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Make sure your thumb is not riding the slide release.

Otherwise I think I have heard one instance of a slide release spring problem causing this on the M&P.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ditto that. A strong thumbs-forward/high grip will contribute to this. If all else fails, try shooting one-handed and see if the same thing happens.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
If you thumb is hitting it switch to the next larger grip insert, but

If it does it every time while shooting strong hand only and your thumb is not the culprit, the slide-stop spring is weak you can try to tweak it, but a new slide stop assem, or send he whole thing back to S&W and have them fix it.

if you want to try and tweak it just find my instructional slide stop change thread and put little less bend in the spring (that should give it more pressure downwards)

Dan

·
Registered
56 Posts
Clicky

That was my problem, too. And it wasn't caused by a faulty grip. Send it back and you may get a free mag like I did!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the same problem.

I sent it back, they replaced the slide stop, problem solved.

It is an inconvenience, but I think it is more with the earlier models.

What does the prefix of the sn start with?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts