MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the M&P40c. After breaking it down and putting it back together I noticed a significant gap between the lower and reciever. Did I just not notice this before?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I...I just want to squeeze my head.

.....ssssqqquueeezzeeee.....

Its normal. Lets just say, uh, its been inquired about before. Now go enjoy your pistol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was just curious, my 1911 and issued SW99 are not like that. Thanks for not making me feel to stupid!! New to the site and gun!!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Welcome, but if that gap bothers you please don't buy the .45 version.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm sure this will not effect my enjoyment of the gun. I have just not seen it before. A friend told me glocks are the same way.

Now I'm just waiting for things to dry up here so i can get to the range!!!

I've picked up alot of great info from this site..

[/quote]

Learn something new everyday!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Asked the S&W rep about this once (he was there for an NRA event at our local range) and he claimed it does not (whatsoever) affect the function of the handgun and according to him, the handgun was designed that way to let water/debris naturally "sink" its way out of the gun.

Not sure I bought it completely, but I had the same question too, I have a gap on my 9FS as well.

All is fine. as its been said, enjoy your handgun!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mine has a slight "gap". I personally think it's very functional and if not intended it should have been :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts