MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I bought a Holosun 507c v2 with a Dueck Defense mount plate. The plate installation turned out to be a complete disaster, I removed the factory rear sights without a scratch on the slide or even on the sights, the M&P sights still look brand new. On the other hand the Dueck plate got pretty much mangled by my sight pusher regardless of the amount of oil and patience I used, I asked Dueck about it, I haven't heard anything from them.

To make the story short, I'm about to send my M&P 2.0 9mm 4.25 slide to Maple Leaf, I've heard good things about other companies but I wanted to get the Nitride finish too however if you guys know any other companies you may recommend please let me know, if there is any near PA it would be great. If you think Maple Leaf is not good let me know too.

Also it sounds like the current trend is to have the co witness rear sight in front of the optics, I think I am leaning towards that option but I'd like to hear what you think. Thank you!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
It never made sense to me to have the rear sight in front of the RDS. That gives about 2.5" of sight radius.

Mine are all to the rear.
Do what is best for you, "current trends" mean nothing if you can't use the gun afterwards.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Also it sounds like the current trend is to have the co witness rear sight in front of the optics, I think I am leaning towards that option but I'd like to hear what you think.
There is a lot of good information here from someone who is "in the business."

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
There is a lot of good information here from someone who is "in the business."

Yes, he has a point which seems to be shared with other YouTubers. I would rather have it behind the red dot because of the sight radius but other than that I don't see any other advantage. It is a backup sigh so... idk

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've fitted several rear sight replacement dovetail red dot mounting plates on different guns. The plates were from EGW, Galloway and a Leupold mount for a Deltapoint Pro. In all cases the male dovetail on the plate required some fitting using a small file as they were far too tight to install as received. I carefully filed the rear edge of the plate's dovetail until I could insert it about 1/3rd of the way into the slide dovetail by hand. Then I'd drive it the rest of the way in with a brass punch and a small hammer. In all cases the installation was secure but nothing was damaged.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have four red-dot equipped M&Ps. One done several years ago by Bowie Tactical and the last three done by DP Custom Works. Both did great work. They both do nitride finish as well as Cerakote. Someone else whose done slide work for me but not milling for an RDS is ATEi. First rate work and they have an excellent reputation for RDS work...

All four have rear sight behind the optic (all Trijicon RMRs). Arron Cowan at Sage Dynamics it a real subject matter expert on RDS-equipped so he's definitely worth a listen. Bottom line is they're backup sights. If you learn, employ proper technique, frankly where the back-ups are makes little difference...

I am completely sold on RDS-equipped pistols though. Once you get the technique down, it makes a huge difference in what you can do with a pistol.

GOOD LUCK!! I think you'll be really pleased once you get your pistol set up with a direct mounted RDS...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts