MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys...Brand new to the site....Waiting for my M&P 45 to arrive at my local dealer. Just checking around on the two tone jobs.

In reviewing the below website, shows that Burwell will polish the finish off for $30. Seems outrageusly cheap. Anyone had any experience with this work.

I may have to ship it off upon it's arrival if there is some pos feedback out there.

burwellgunsmithing

·
Registered
210 Posts
there are plenty of postings of slides he's media blasted as well as many other gunsmiths. search the words media blast and you should find them. There's also teflon nickle which seems to be popular as well.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I have not read or heard one complaint. Dan is a cool guy, and is very skilled in what he does!! I am still working on getting some cash together to send mine off. If only I could stop buying toys.....lol

Just contact Mr. Burwell. He knows his stuff thats for sure! 8)

hitman104 said:
Guys...Brand new to the site....Waiting for my M&P 45 to arrive at my local dealer. Just checking around on the two tone jobs.

In reviewing the below website, shows that Burwell will polish the finish off for $30. Seems outrageusly cheap. Anyone had any experience with this work.

I may have to ship it off upon it's arrival if there is some pos feedback out there.

burwellgunsmithing

·
Registered
910 Posts
Like other's have posted you have several choices that won't disappoint you. I myself sent my M&P9c off to Dan Burwell and had him do pretty much everything he offers to it - including the nickel teflon coating, and he did an absolutely outstanding job on it. In the future I'll be sending guns off to Bowie, and Boom Boom as well. Just to support people who support this site, and to see how well they work their magic too!

·
Registered
936 Posts
My opinion; if youre going to carry it either get a nickel teflon, or other coating, but dont just get the slide blasted. It will rust a little if you sweat at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts