MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my latest session at the range, my M&P 9mm was releasing the slide lock if I (pretty) forcibly seated a full magazine. I have not ever had this happen with a pistol before, and it took me by surprise the first time. I was able to repeat this action several times, but only with a loaded magazine, never with an empty one, and only if I seated the magazine with a pretty firm shove. Am I correct that this is not how this pistol should safely function? New pistol with about 1000 rounds through it (and a great shooter, by the way).

·
Registered
215 Posts
sdrct said:
On my latest session at the range, my M&P 9mm was releasing the slide lock if I (pretty) forcibly seated a full magazine. I have not ever had this happen with a pistol before, and it took me by surprise the first time. I was able to repeat this action several times, but only with a loaded magazine, never with an empty one, and only if I seated the magazine with a pretty firm shove. Am I correct that this is not how this pistol should safely function? New pistol with about 1000 rounds through it (and a great shooter, by the way).

:arrow: http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2764

·
Registered
215 Posts
texagun said:
My MP40 does it too. I don't consider it a problem, and it's addressed in the manual.

The manual does not suggest that in fact on page 17 it states: "WARNING; DO NOT USE EXCESSIVE UPFORCE WHEN INSERTING A LOADED MAGAZINE INTO THE PISTOL. EXECESSIVE UPWARD FORCE COULD CAUSE THE SLIDE TO MOVE FORWARD, CHAMBERING A ROUND AND MAKING THE PISTOL READY TO FIRE." And that reasoning probably being is page 15 figure 8

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hondov65 said:
[quote name='texagun']My MP40 does it too. I don't consider it a problem, and it's addressed in the manual.

The manual does not suggest that in fact on page 17 it states: WARNING; DO NOT USE EXCESSIVE UPFORCE WHEN INSERTING A LOADED MAGAZINE INTO THE PISTOL. EXECESSIVE UPWARD FORCE COULD CAUSE THE SLIDE TO MOVE FORWARD, CHAMBERING A ROUND AND MAKING THE PISTOL READY TO FIRE." And that reasoning probably being is page 15 figure 8.[/quote]

That's exactly what I said. It's addressed in the manual.....as a warning. It's normal if you use force in inserting a magazine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts