MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this has been posted already or not, I tried looking through the threads and didn't notice it. But sometimes when the slide locks back and I go to replace the magazine, when I slap the new magazine in, the slide just releases on its own. I mean, really, it's not a BAD thing because it doesn't release too early, it properly chambers the round every time this happens, but I don't think it's such a great thing for it to do something as important as chambering a round by itself. That is something I want control of from a safety point of view.

Any input?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Happens when you insert a fully loaded mag in with a little force, perfectly fine! Many makers including Glocks will do this. Makes for a fast reload!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol, wow, I've never heard of that, but I guess if it was meant to do that, there's nothing that can be done to fix it anyhow. But I guess as long as it properly chambers a round when this happens, then it's not something that could get me killed if I needed the weapon for self-defense.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I used to have an HK that did that. I actually practiced smacking that magazine in there just right so the slide would drop and chamber a round immediately, every time. After a while, my thumb never even went near the slide stop lever anymore. But it doesn't work as reliably with every pistol--some models tend to do it with more regularity than others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts