MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would appear from the number of .45s that are showing up, that the vast majority have the slide safety...

Is it possible to remove and/or disable the safety if you didn't want to use it?



For those that own one:

Has anyone done this yet?

Anyone planning to? :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Removal of Safety

My first M & P 45 came without the external safety, it does have the cut out slots in the frame on both sides with a small REMOVABLE filler in each of the cut outs. So when the parts become available, it looks like a person could go either way, providing Smith does make the parts available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Removal of Safety

M&P 45ACP said:
My first M & P 45 came without the external safety, it does have the cut out slots in the frame on both sides with a small REMOVABLE filler in each of the cut outs. So when the parts become available, it looks like a person could go either way, providing Smith does make the parts available.
That's good to know..thanks.

I still haven't made up my mind whether I want to have the safety or not.

But I'm happy you can have the choice, I guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I just got this reply today when I asked about adding a safety to my new M&P45



"Hello,



Unfortunately it is not possible to modify the weapon to include the external safety.



Regards,



Dave"





Dave Valenze S&W



Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
FELIX said:
I just got this reply today when I asked about adding a safety to my new M&P45



"Hello,



Unfortunately it is not possible to modify the weapon to include the external safety.



Regards,



Dave"





Dave Valenze S&W



Rob


I bet Dan Burwell could do it. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
FELIX said:
I just got this reply today when I asked about adding a safety to my new M&P45



"Hello,



Unfortunately it is not possible to modify the weapon to include the external safety.



Regards,



Dave"





Dave Valenze S&W



Rob


The only reason that would prohibit retrofitting the manual safety onto a M&P45 that doesnt have one, is Smith not selling the parts (sear block w/ safety assembly). As was posted earlier, if the parts are available, you would merely have to remove the plastic insert that fills the safety gap, and switch out the sear block assembly with one that has the safety.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
nickdrak said:
The only reason that would prohibit retrofitting the manual safety onto a M&P45 that doesnt have one, is Smith not selling the parts (sear block w/ safety assembly). As was posted earlier, if the parts are available, you would merely have to remove the plastic insert that fills the safety gap, and switch out the sear block assembly with one that has the safety.


Then there is hope




Rob
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top