MP-Pistol Forum banner

Slide stuck when disassembling Shield M2.0 EZ

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Jude 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Just got my M&P9 Shield EZ M2.0 from the Gun store today. Of course, I am an idiot :realmad: and got myself in a pickle. When reassembling the gun after field stripping it I somehow managed to misalign the slide and now it is stuck. I can't seem to move it either way. Any help?

I

https://imgur.com/a/zz26wDg

See less See more
#2 ·
I am no expert so hopefully someone else will reply. All I can think of is to slam the back of the slide on a hard fixed surface. Maybe wrap it with a cloth to protect it a little. If it does free up check for internal damage to the extractor.
Try and pull the trigger first while depressing the palm safety and pull the slide forward.

#3 ·
Any time I've done that it was the rear of the recoil spring guide not being in the correct spot on the front/bottom of the barrel lug.

Either continuing to jiggle it back and forth will sometimes do it.

Or, trying to smack it either on the left side of the frame/slide (if it's misaligned to the right) or on the right side if the back of the spring guide is off the other way.

#4 ·
Can’t explain how to do it, but I’m sure I could get it apart.

Perhaps if you included your location information; someone in your area could help you out.

#5 · (Edited)
After seeing that pic I suggest if your unable remove it and able to do so at this current time go visit the local GS and ask the smith to correct your error. Sure seems like one would notice it was cattywampus by that much before forcing it all the way back.

Or call SW and see if the tech can talk you through it or provide a return label for it to be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I just saw the pic, and it’s obvious that the rear frame rails are above the slide rails (as they should be), while the slide rails are on top of the front frame rails. That’s the problem, and it’s causing the slide to bind on the rear frame rails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.