MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, i have the full size m&p 9mm with a minor issue. For some reason i can't seem to use the sling shot method to release the side, i have ot push down on the side release button.. Any idea what the problem could be ?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I couldnt tell from your last post, but if you have an empty mag inserted, the slide will automatically lock back unless you depress the slide stop. If you have a mag inserted with at least one round when you pull back from the locked open position, you can hear the distinctive click which it the slide stop releasing and should slingshot forward. If it still doesnt do it then, it may be your slide lock itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply it occurs all the time.. I place a full mag, empty the mag.. the slide extends fully rearward. I slap in a new mag and the only way i can release the slide is to press the button. The sligh shot method doesn't work at all.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Make sure you're not pushing up on the slide stop unintentionally with your thumb as you slingshot. Really, if the slide-stop's spring is still good (easy to check, pull it up a bit with the slide off and let go.) then there is no way I can think of the thing could be staying up with ammo in it short of user error or serious bending.

·
Registered
257 Posts
does the slide lock back pre-maturely during normal firing for you?

if the answer is no, then it is more than likely a user induced problem you have with dropping the slide via "slingshot".

have you had other folks attempt to help you with this? IE the range officer where you shoot, or the sales people who sold you the weapon?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
normal firing is fine... i have not had another more experienced user try it.. I will do that next time at the range. thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts