MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this isn't a duplicate thread. I just ordered an M&P 40 for duty carry once I get out of the academy. I already qualified with a G22 so it has to stay on my belt until I take the oath. We are not allowed to switch primary carry during the academy. Anyway how has your M&P been holding up to daily use? Anything I should look out for or pay particular attention to? I ordered the 209300 model with no IL or MD. That's the way I wanted it. We don't have any orders that require an IL or MD.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
129 Posts
So far quite nicely. The only problem I have noticed is that the metal mags tend to beat up the inside of the mag well, but it doesn't cause any functioning problems. I've never had a malfunction and the pistols are very easy to shoot well and carry.

Personally, I like the mag disconnect in a duty weapon (but not the IL, I will never own a gun with an internal lock). All the weapons I carry on-duty with my various departments have the mag disconnect. My IDPA guns do not.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Landric. I do agree the MD has it's purpose but I don't want them on any of my guns. Just more parts to deal with (although I'm sure it won't ever cause a functional problem).

It's just good to hear the M&P is holding up fine out on the street. I get too many comments from people that say the M&P isn't "tried and true" yet. :roll:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I will see in I can find a deputy from Patrick Co. VA to ask. They were the first to get the M&P in The country according to the Smith & Wesson Rep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts