MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I use the HST my self in my 40 and 9 and I also did some test me and my buddy on wet phonebooks. The ammo could not have came out any better looking, they was just like it shows on the box. We soaked a bunch of phonebooks in water until they was just soaked all the way through and then set them up about 15 inches thick and shot them, you will have to dig the ammo out of them and then get all the paper out of the bullet to see the end result of the test but it is alsome and since then that is all I carry.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
To make any sense of what a bullet might do, you need to put cloth in front to simulate clothing, this has proven to sometimes make a huge difference in how bullets perform, on some the clothing will plug the hollow points and render them no more effective than FMJ bullets. That is...I'm figuring that any mugger that might try to assault you wouldn't be nekkid!

This type of testing is illustrated in the link that I previously posted, anyone interested in bullet performance should really look at this.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot13.htm

·
Registered
24 Posts
5 jugs. I always use 5 and sometimes it's come in handy. Most stop in the 4th or sometimes the 3rd, but when I "tested" the 180gr HST, it came to rest in the 5th jug and expanded beautifully!!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts