MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well actually she didnt break it .. but it was catchy.

last night my wife and i were shooting IDPA, she was shooting my trusty 1911 and i was shooting my M&P 40 C. Well we noticed that the rear sight had miraculously moved to the far left of the slide. Even with it like this she ws still shooting surprising well.. seeing her sights were WAY off! the sight is a Wilson 3 dot sight minus one set screw. Does anyone have any ideas where i can get a set screw to fix this? maybe she will shoot better with her sights in line once again!

need help .. i only have 2 more weeks until the next IDPA match and she will really want to shoot MY gun again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the link, its too late to call them. Ill do it on monday, i was kind of looking for a quick fix. Im going to try the gun store in the morning.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Take the sight off the gun and take it (the sight) to a true value or some other small hardware store and they will likely have the set screw you need.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dan Burwell said:
Take the sight off the gun and take it (the sight) to a true value or some other small hardware store and they will likely have the set screw you need.

Thanks Dan, IM golng to see me local gunsmith this am. Ill try the hardware store next, who knows I may just leave the gun store with a new sight. The one that I have was put on the gun back in '94 and the white dots are not so white anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts