MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2.0 COMPACT OPTICS READY 9MM #13144
on order sold my full size . Wanted red dot have hard time see iron sights ( old eyes )
wanted full size but wanted thumb safety.
? should be fine bed side gun . Did not want to go through all the bs of mill slide machining . Optic ready any red dot will work not married to one type .
so will I be ok with the compact

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good for you. I did the same and for the same reason. In my 50's and eyes are going. I got the CORE 4.25 and put an RMR on it and a light. Night sights would not work for my eyes. Still getting used to finding the dot.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Good for you. I did the same and for the same reason. In my 50's and eyes are going. I got the CORE 4.25 and put an RMR on it and a light. Night sights would not work for my eyes. Still getting used to finding the dot.
Don't look for the dot, that is a bad habit to get into.

Practice 20 draw strokes a day, either from your holster or low ready.

If the dot is not "there" stop and start over.
You need to get muscle memory built until the dot is just there every time.

If you can't get it in a few days, put the gun down and use a "finger gun". As you draw the finger gun, pay attention to where the finger barrel is pointed. After you get that to where you can " ring the doorbell " with the finger barrel, move back to the gun.

Be patient it might take a week or two to learn the new process.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now what red dot ? Ya the RMR the best but lot of cash . Don’t want junk either so some place in the middle.
Vortex , Romeo, Delta pro ? I stoped at two gun shops to look but slim pickings .

·
Registered
651 Posts
Now what red dot ? Ya the RMR the best but lot of cash . Don’t want junk either so some place in the middle.
Vortex , Romeo, Delta pro ? I stoped at two gun shops to look but slim pickings .
The Trijicon RMR is 100% made in Wixom MI, The Delta Point Pro comes from Oregon (to the best if my knowledge is all made there), the rest are chinese.

Since our country is having so many issues caused by the Chinese virus, if you care even a little bit about the country, buy the non Chinese sights.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wixom is 3 miles from me . But I can’t see pay as much for the red dot as the gun .
venom ( vortex ) is not made in China . But yes I agree with you .

A: Riflescopes: the Razor AMG line is made in the US, the Razor HD line is made in Japan, the Viper and Diamondback lines are made in the Philippines, all other riflescopes are made in China. Red dots and prism scopes: the Venom line is made in the Philippines, all other red dots and all prism scopes are made in China.

General Vortex Canada

·
Registered
651 Posts
Wixom is 3 miles from me . But I can’t see pay as much for the red dot as the gun .
venom ( vortex ) is not made in China . But yes I agree with you .

A: Riflescopes: the Razor AMG line is made in the US, the Razor HD line is made in Japan, the Viper and Diamondback lines are made in the Philippines, all other riflescopes are made in China. Red dots and prism scopes: the Venom line is made in the Philippines, all other red dots and all prism scopes are made in China.

General Vortex Canada
I stand corrected.

I was told by a vortex employee a couple years ago during a phone call that their red dots and prism scopes were from China.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don't look for the dot, that is a bad habit to get into.

Practice 20 draw strokes a day, either from your holster or low ready.

If the dot is not "there" stop and start over.
You need to get muscle memory built until the dot is just there every time.

If you can't get it in a few days, put the gun down and use a "finger gun". As you draw the finger gun, pay attention to where the finger barrel is pointed. After you get that to where you can " ring the doorbell " with the finger barrel, move back to the gun.

Be patient it might take a week or two to learn the new process.
Actually that is what I am doing. You are 100% correct. It has actually helped me get on target much faster just by muscle memory.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can anyone that has the M2.0 Compact Optics Ready reply and let me know if an optic can be mounted to the slide WITHOUT an adapter plate? Meaning, is there a default cut for a specific optic, then everything else has an adapter plate, or MUST you add an adapter plater regardless of which red dot?

Thanks for your reply and information.

EM

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Manual for the firearm should tell you. I would think they would all require a plate. For a compact, or new person to red dots, the Holosun ACSS Vulcan reticle is a very nice piece.

SB

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can anyone that has the M2.0 Compact Optics Ready reply and let me know if an optic can be mounted to the slide WITHOUT an adapter plate? Meaning, is there a default cut for a specific optic, then everything else has an adapter plate, or MUST you add an adapter plater regardless of which red dot?
To the best of my knowledge, both my compact and full-size CORE pistols require the adapter plate to mount anything. Most people are unhappy that the adapter plates are made of plastic but it’s probably more important to dry fit, then ensure correct torque and thread engagement of the appropriate mounting screws.

·
Registered
82 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, both my compact and full-size CORE pistols require the adapter plate to mount anything. Most people are unhappy that the adapter plates are made of plastic but it’s probably more important to dry fit, then ensure correct torque and thread engagement of the appropriate mounting screws.
Agree, my 5" 9mm M2.0 CORE seems to have held zero just fine through about 500-600 rounds with the Holosun H507C-X2 on it.

SB

·
Registered
58 Posts
2.0 COMPACT OPTICS READY 9MM #13144
on order sold my full size . Wanted red dot have hard time see iron sights ( old eyes )
wanted full size but wanted thumb safety.
? should be fine bed side gun . Did not want to go through all the bs of mill slide machining . Optic ready any red dot will work not married to one type .
so will I be ok with the compact
you may want to look at this thread I posted a few pics of my 4"optics ready with a holosun
507kx2 for reference for you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Agree, my 5" 9mm M2.0 CORE seems to have held zero just fine through about 500-600 rounds with the Holosun H507C-X2 on it.

SB
I have a M&P9- M2.0 compact CORE.. bought new, has the mounting plates in the box. The manual has the chart that shows what plate goes with which Optic.

·
Registered
583 Posts
The plastic mounting plates take very little stress and do not compromise the integrity of mounting a red dot on the CORE pistols. They work fine. For those who insist on a metal adapter plate, C&H Precision offers metal plates for the M&P 2.0 CORE guns that adapt several red dots including the Trijicon RMR, SRO, Hollowsun 407c/507c/508c, Leupold Delta Point Pro, Aimpoint Accro and SIG Romeo 1 Pro.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts