MP-Pistol Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's not how accurate a firearm is... it's how accurate are YOU with the firearm. I thought anti2A people were the only ones that blamed the tool. lol
What?

Do you not realize that some firearms are much more accurate than others? Or have you just not shot enough guns to be able to discern the difference?

Please explain why you think all guns are equal in accuracy potential.

·
Registered
300 Posts
What?

Do you not realize that some firearms are much more accurate than others? Or have you just not shot enough guns to be able to discern the difference?

Please explain why you think all guns are equal in accuracy potential.
lol... all guns are not equal in craftsmanship or ergonomics... nor is everyone's technique. Just because you can't shoot a given pistol accurately, doesn't mean someone else can't. I just find it comical when people won't admit they can't be accurate with a given pistol and revert to blaming said pistol and taking themselves out of the equation all together.. The most mechanically accurate pistol in the world will always be limited by the user. There are some firearms I can't miss with and there are some I just don't care for because I, Myself, find it easier not to change technique and stick with what I know.

·
Registered
655 Posts
lol... all guns are not equal in craftsmanship or ergonomics... nor is everyone's technique. Just because you can't shoot a given pistol accurately, doesn't mean someone else can't. I just find it comical when people won't admit they can't be accurate with a given pistol and revert to blaming said pistol and taking themselves out of the equation all together.. The most mechanically accurate pistol in the world will always be limited by the user. There are some firearms I can't miss with and there are some I just don't care for because I, Myself, find it easier not to change technique and stick with what I know.
^
This.

A local training company here in Michigan (MDFI) has a class for beginners that is named "YSINTG"

That stands for "You Suck It's Not The Gun".

It teaches sights and trigger useage. It was started because people would miss the target and blame the gun.
During the class the instructor has everyone lay there gun on the ground and take a step or two back. He then walks down the line and talks about each persons gun then fires a bullseye hit with it, sets it down and moves to the next.
He does that to demonstrate that the guns are capable, that the user is usually the issue.

Link to class.

·
Registered
8 Posts
(y)
Glock is also a nice one, But Smith & Wesson is good enough maybe for me

Some people are very habitat to collect different guns and model

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yup, I had a student who shot a Glock 9mm poorly and did everything he could to make it shoot for him. I tried his 9mm on a B27and shot at the "little man silhouette" in the upper left corner and put a whole mag in it at 25 feet. He started to seriously think about more training and a new gun, in that order.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am completely confident in my ability to get pretty close to the maximum accuracy out of any pistol I fire. I'm the guy that people have shoot their pistols to see if it's the gun or them.

I have multiple trophy's in GSSF and BPCR. I am a very good pistol shot.

So when I say a gun is not accurate, it is not accurate. Either due to the pistol or the ammo. I did have a spell last year in which my glasses and aging eyes were not allowing crisp sight pictures. I fixed that with new glasses a couple of months ago.

Shooting a pistol accurately is not rocket science. Line up the sights, get a feel for the trigger, and get it to break when you have the sights where you want them.

Not a real complicated technique...

Now, if you are talking about accuracy during rapid fire and multiple targets, then I agree that certain pistols have unique trigger pulls and ergonomics that require muscle memory to be accurate and fast.

But for bench resting a pistol to see what loads it likes, it's easy peasy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's not how accurate a firearm is... it's how accurate are YOU with the firearm. I thought anti2A people were the only ones that blamed the tool. lol
I'm not a novice with handguns. I was our department chief firearms instructor for service handgun, patrol rifle, shotgun to include less lethal munitions, submachinegun and sniper rifle. I was the TAC Team sniper until I retired. I shot the Glock well, just didn't care for the trigger system or the feel of the weapon. I carried 1911 while working uniform patrol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tried a G19 gen 5. I always hated the square grip and finger grooves. But at a gun show I picked G19 gen 5 up, and boy did it feel good! No grooves, proper shape, good stipple.

Bought it and took it to the range. Right out of the box, I was shooting it better than M&P.

Bottom line: Smith is sold, Glock is the new EDC.
Do you have trouble holding your head up when you're carrying or shooting the Glock? Just giving you a hard time;):ROFLMAO:. Glocks are good weapons and it's all about what works best for you.

·
Registered
M&P40 1.0
33 Posts
If the Glock is better for you then you should carry it. I tend not to sell anything and, prefer Glocks but I don't feel that any of my other guns would be insufficient. Off duty my most common EDC currently is a Ruger LC9s. It had been a Taurus 709 but the Ruger offers the ability to mount a light. I would like to try a Glock 43 (single stack 9?), and a comparable Shield 2.0.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts