MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to sell my 2.0 9mm, it’s a compact frame that has been stippled by NAF solutions which has a better feel than factory and doesn’t feel like sandpaper on your skin if you carry, it also has a forward set flat face trigger installed. i swapped the 4” slide with a brand new 4.25” slide. Frame has about 300 rounds thru it but slide is new. I also have a set of Trijicon HD night sights I could add for a little extra. I’m wanting 700 shipped for the gun and a extra 50 if you want the night sights.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Since there is no such thing as a "dumb question," I hereby submit what may be characterized as a series of "stupid ones" -:

What does going to a 4.25" slide gain one? After such a swap is not the barrel recessed in the slide? Just wondering why the swap?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 4.25” slide is a complete slide I swapped the 4” slide cause I’ve got stuff done to it and put it on my new full-size frame. And the only benefit is a .25” extra sight radius

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I’m guessing that by “complete slide” the OP means that a 4 1/4” barrel is included. You couldn’t use a four inch barrel in a 4 1/4” slide.

Of course, a “complete slide” would also include the back plate, striker assembly, striker channel liner, extractor and sights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
700 shipped with the Trijicon night sights. I have my eye on something else so would like to sell

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’m guessing that by “complete slide” the OP means that a 4 1/4” barrel is included. You couldn’t use a four inch barrel in a 4 1/4” slide.

Of course, a “complete slide” would also include the back plate, striker assembly, striker channel liner, extractor and sights.
The 4.25” slide is a complete slide I swapped the 4” slide cause I’ve got stuff done to it and put it on my new full-size frame. And the only benefit is a .25” extra sight radius
I appreciate the explanation, as well as your putting up with my ignorance!

Reactions: Rick M
1 - 8 of 8 Posts