MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been sitting here all day thinking that the DPMS AP4 Carbine i bought last month, is nothing but a expensive toy. The last time i was at the range i was the only person shooting it standing up There was 5 other Ar15's and they were perched on stands and sand bags front and back, so i felt like bit of a wally as i ran 100 rounds through mine.

So i am thinking that with all the gear i have put on it i should be able to trade it in at the local gun shop for a 40c and a 9c or a 40c and a 357 Airlight to go with my 40. I am sort of thinking maybe i should keep it but the ammo is expensive and i cant carry it concealed so prehaps another couple of guns i can conceal would be.

Any input appreciated

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'd wait and see how the political climate goes here for a while, before I sold ANY AR. They might end up being worth a bit more, real soon.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
That's a tough one.

With another AWB bill in the works, I think I would hold onto the AR. I have sold many guns to fund other guns. Sometimes it's what you have to do; but sometimes you really regret it later.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yeah never sell a gun unless you have to, to pay for food.

I have regreted selling every gun I have ever sold. Some I have no idea why I miss them but I still do.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Morgan Walker said:
I have to agree, don't sell or trade your'e AR. As for those folks using benchrests and sand bags, well they could be using competition AR's or getting a zero on their weapon. I shoot off a sand bag, but also shoot standing, kneeling and in the prone (grassy null) . So, don't worry about it, shoot however you want to shoot as long as as it is safe.

Ok you all talked me into it
I will keep it as it is fun to play with. I think i must have hit a poser day at the range when i went as these people just had thier guns propped up but werent really shooting them. It was just like they were showing them off and just hogging all the rifle lanes.

I shall haveto plead with the wife to let me spend the money and get a 9c as i woul like a spare. I felt real strange this morning when at 1.30 some drunk chick was knocking on my and then sitting and leaning against my house and then knocking again. I thought i would get my gun but it went back for the mag drop prob friday so it would have nice to have a gun so i coulod open the door but i was not sure who else mayhave been out there so i left her out there.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Aceq2jot said:
[quote name='Morgan Walker']I have to agree, don't sell or trade your'e AR. As for those folks using benchrests and sand bags, well they could be using competition AR's or getting a zero on their weapon. I shoot off a sand bag, but also shoot standing, kneeling and in the prone (grassy null) . So, don't worry about it, shoot however you want to shoot as long as as it is safe.

Ok you all talked me into it
I will keep it as it is fun to play with. I think i must have hit a poser day at the range when i went as these people just had thier guns propped up but werent really shooting them. It was just like they were showing them off and just hogging all the rifle lanes.

I shall haveto plead with the wife to let me spend the money and get a 9c as i woul like a spare. I felt real strange this morning when at 1.30 some drunk chick was knocking on my and then sitting and leaning against my house and then knocking again. I thought i would get my gun but it went back for the mag drop prob friday so it would have nice to have a gun so i coulod open the door but i was not sure who else mayhave been out there so i left her out there.[/quote]

You won't regret it, and you have to come up with unexpected car/mechanical problem to cover the cost of your new 9c...
hint, hint...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
68 Posts
Aceq2jot said:
I have been sitting here all day thinking that the DPMS AP4 Carbine i bought last month, is nothing but a expensive toy. The last time i was at the range i was the only person shooting it standing up There was 5 other Ar15's and they were perched on stands and sand bags front and back, so i felt like bit of a wally as i ran 100 rounds through mine.

So i am thinking that with all the gear i have put on it i should be able to trade it in at the local gun shop for a 40c and a 9c or a 40c and a 357 Airlight to go with my 40. I am sort of thinking maybe i should keep it but the ammo is expensive and i cant carry it concealed so prehaps another couple of guns i can conceal would be.

Any input appreciated

Time to take up three gun and use the AR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts