MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I decided to do some work on my MP40 and started with the slide. Pretty much got the look I was going for so far. I did slip a couple of times so there are two little mistakes I need to work on and the serated portion could use some work still but for now its looking pretty good I think. Next up is to do some stippling once I an get a look I like.

I just buffed up the areas I didnt want to be shiny so that thye are still a dull grey color. The rest of the portions are done up to a 2000grit shine. Looks pretty nice.

DISCLAIMER: I jsut got PRK eye surgery two days ago so my vision is still kind of messed up so if the pics are a little offI apologize but it was about the best I can do right now.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I like the effort; dont stop now, I think a total 2000grit shine is in order!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mike cyrwus said:
I like the effort; dont stop now, I think a total 2000grit shine is in order!

I could but I liked the portions of dull black that kind of offset the polished portions. I think it kind of looks cool like that. Also I think that the top portion being dull may help make it a little less glaring to shoot. If it doesnt then maybe itll get the full treatment.

·
Registered
936 Posts
MADMAX22 said:
[quote name='mike cyrwus']I like the effort; dont stop now, I think a total 2000grit shine is in order!

I could but I liked the portions of dull black that kind of offset the polished portions. I think it kind of looks cool like that. Also I think that the top portion being dull may help make it a little less glaring to shoot. If it doesnt then maybe itll get the full treatment.[/quote]

Its kinda hard to see the differences that youre talking about; but I see what youre saying.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I love what you did to the fishtail looks sweet. and I thought I was risky giving my barrell a vinegar bath 8) :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts