MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have sent inquiries to both the S&W CS folks and to the makers of the X-Grips. I'll post if I find out anything. Maybe the 2.0 is just so new that these haven't hit the market yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The spacers that come with the guns are kinda meh. They just slip on and are pretty loose. They are ok for range work but I wouldn't trust them for carrying. I would like to see someone come up with a more secure solution.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The spacers that come with the guns are kinda meh. They just slip on and are pretty loose. They are ok for range work but I wouldn't trust them for carrying. I would like to see someone come up with a more secure solution.
Interesting. Mine fit and function just like the ones for the Shield do. I've had zero problems with them or the compact 2.0. I currently have 500 rounds through mine and it is almost proven enough for carry-with the 15 and 17 round magazines.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes mine fit and function ok at the range but if carried upside down I am not confident they would stay in place. They slide around in my range bag and frequently work their way up the mag some. It's too unnerving to me, I think it is safer for carry just to leave them off.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Put a layer or two of blue painter's tape around the mag body where it's covered by the spacer.

Slip the spacer over that, and it should stay in place until you want to remove it.

I did that on the full size mags I use in my 9c a few years ago, and they're still in place.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'd let the 2 go that came with mine, I don't use them the gap with the 17rnd mags doesn't bother me. I have no idea what there worth PM me an offer shipped if your interested.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have sent inquiries to both the S&W CS folks and to the makers of the X-Grips. I'll post if I find out anything. Maybe the 2.0 is just so new that these haven't hit the market yet.
No reply from the makers of X-Grips. Very nice fellow at S&W CS said to check back with them in about a month and they should have a few extras.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anyone know if the spacers that come with the 2.0 Compact for the 17 round magazines will fit on the 15 round magazines and fit the 1.0 compact?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The spacers that come with the guns are kinda meh. They just slip on and are pretty loose. I would like to see someone come up with a more secure solution.
I have been using this F5 brand construction adhesive to glue my boots back together.

It would work great for this application because it dries to a hard, rubbery solid.

It's cheap enough to play with and test...

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Leech-Adhesives-Off-White-Interior-Exterior-Concrete-Masonry-Construction-Adhesive-Actual-Net-Contents-10-fl-oz/1087177

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anyone know if the spacers that come with the 2.0 Compact for the 17 round magazines will fit on the 15 round magazines and fit the 1.0 compact?
No they don't. But I make them for the 15 round magazine to fit the Compact 1.0. $15 each, red, white or black. They also have the same texture as Talon grip tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I gave up on looking for a spacer for my 15 round mags in my 1.0 compact and started molding my own out of urethane plastic in red, black and white. They fit snugly with no glue required to keep them in place. PM me if interested in one, or some.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
if your looking for the ones that came with the 2.0 call s&w they sale them for 1$ no limit I think. I got 6 of them. there not listed on there web page.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Adapter to use a 2.0 15 rd mag in a 9c

I bought two adapters from Raisin and the fit and function is excellent. I got black and the surface texture is just like the rubber Talon material. He has an auction on eBay. Search for adapter, not spacer. See the photos above.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I had a Ruger SR9c that came with a standard 10-round flush magazine and 17 round magazine intended for the full size SR9 that included a spacer to fill the gap. The spaced tended to slip when the magazine was out of the gun. I put a small square of skateboard tape low on the back of the magazine and when I installed the spacer it fit snugly and no longer slipped or moved around.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts