MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gentleman,

I last week I purchased a M&P 9c and love it. This is my first pistol of any kind and for carry also. I purchased 2 boxes of Speer 9mm Gold Dot HP “Short Barrel” and they wont feed into the barrel when the slide is released. To get them to feed you almost have to push the slide forward and then it will go up the “ramp” and into the barrel. I know these rounds are new but does anybody have this problem and if so did you just not use it like I plan on doing or what? Not many dealers around MI carried these and when this happened I called the supplier or the rounds and his comment was “that pistol is designed to eat anything” and was dumfounded. Please let me know if anybody has this issue. I plan on going to the gun dealer where I bought this and let him look at the pistol.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I had a Kahr PM9 that would not feed the Speer GD SB ammo. I used Hornady XTP in that gun, and it ran 100%.

I don't know why your M&Pc won't feed the SB ammo. I would try other ammo first and see what happens. Is this the first ammo you tried to run through it?

Be sure to clean it good first. Get some FMJ ammo and run at least a couple hundred rounds through it to loosen it up a little. If the FMJ runs OK, then try some more of the HP ammo. It might just need a little breaking in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have only ran about 125 rounds thru it and they were FMJ with no problems at all. I will be going to the range tonight and run at least another 125 thru it and see what happens. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Mike, congrats on your first pistol. It will be the start of an addiction

Make sure you read the manual and clean and lubricate the firearm according to it prior to any use.

When you are saying you have feed problems, do you mean during actual firing or when you are releasing the slide? If it is when you release the slide, load your magazine, pull the slide all the way back, and let go. If you ride the slide, it may cause the round to get stuck on the feedramp.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
That's why it's so important to throughly test any defensive ammo you might carry in any pistol, not every pistol will feed every ammo, sometimes they find one they don't like.

It sounds like you found one your pistol doesn't like, time to try something else!

·
Registered
109 Posts
GD SB

My compact feeds and shoots the 124 gr Speer Gold SB just fine. But then again, so does my PM9. I guess it just depends on the gun.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I just got back from the range and spoke with the seller/owner and he said the slide must be pulled back and snap into place. After firing about 100 rounds of FMJ I tried the speer and they worked just fine and that is what is loaded in my weapon now. Thank all of you for the feedback.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Always let the slide snap shut, don't ride it forward, and it also sounds like it just needed a bit of breaking in, sometimes they need that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts