MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep all my brass after shooting. I have at least 1000, 45 rounds.

I know some one who reloads and probably would do it for me for free, but I've

heard their are issues from time to time with reloading (jams, misfires, etc). My

question to you all is what can I do with my spent rounds outside of reloading, are

they worth anything?

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
I'd rather see you give or sell the used cases to a reloader, but if all else fails, used brass is doing pretty good in the scrap metals market, most metal recyclers will buy it.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
G56 said:
I'd rather see you give or sell the used cases to a reloader, but if all else fails, used brass is doing pretty good in the scrap metals market, most metal recyclers will buy it.

good to know.. Next time I go to the range I will sweep as much up as possible

·
Registered
33 Posts
Preferably sell the brass at scrap price at least rather than scrap it... This way it gets more good use out of it.

Its best to reload your own ammo rather than have someone else do it, that way if something gets screwed up, its your own fault and not someone else's. Thats the main reason I don't reload for others, I'll gladly let someone use my pess with my supervision.

Jon

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well truth be told I would like to get into reloading.

But I have cost and room concerns. Can anyone set me up with a

link to reloading tools / materials that is nooB friendly?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx guys. I'm going to have to get into this.

For only $200 I cant afford not to, and plus, it sounds like fun. 8)

·
Registered
341 Posts
sof said:
but I've heard their are issues from time to time with reloading (jams, misfires, etc).

It may just be me but couldn't that happen with just about any ammo you use.?.?.?

When I started reloading I had at least 4-5 issues with my 40 rounds until I got everything figured out, but after that things have been rather smooth *knock on wood*

Started reloading 45 just this month and I only had 1 ftf out of 600 rounds ..... that's some pretty good stats if ya ask me.

---------------------------------------------

As far as gettin into reloading I would have to agree on Brian Enos .... but don't order anything ove the net, call him to place the order instead. He's really helpful and can answer any questions you might have. Plus speaking with him will ensure the right stuff gets ordered and nothing is missed. He has an EZ-buy Never reloaded before package on the dillon 550 which is what I got, not the cheapest thing to start doing but worth it in the long run.

Now that I've been reloading for a short time I think I would recomment against a single stage press ... not that there's anything wrong with them but there's more work and time involved using them. I've read experiances of people starting with single press kits and getting "bored" and loosing interest due to the amount of time it takes to reload just a few hundred rounds. With the Dillon it's simple to use and once you figure out what your doing you can complete a few hundred rounds in 1 hour. Set up can be a lady but as long as you stick with the instructions you can figure it out .... in the meantime you get an understanding of how the machine works.

It doesn't take up much room either ........

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?...asc&start=0

Some have larger setups then others but for the basics all's you need is a small desk.

·
Registered
308 Posts
There is an ammo seller (ammodirect, ammo to go, or something) on the internet that will give a pretty fair credit on spent casings. I will try to track it down if I get a chance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts