MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing a quick answer here for people woh have detail stripped their pistols. I threw it back together and for some reason the slide stop kept popping up, think I might have lost a spring that keeps it down or something. All there is is one small spring on the inside and nothing else that seems to "keep it down" cause the way it is now, it just jiggles up and down when the trigger block and everything is put together

any suggestions or help appreciated

edit- with the slide off, the slide stop has tension down on it now that I reasembled... but when i press the trigger back, it looses that tension. Also, with the slide off, when I press up on the slide stop, the trigger moves back ever so slightly, normal?

·
Registered
36 Posts
slide stop spring

Sounds like the spring isn't positioned properly. If I remember correctly it needs to go around the circular part of the trigger assembly where the trigger bar pin is on the left side and rest on the lower part or underside of the locking block.

Z

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YukonGlocker said:
Your slide lock spring is bent.

You can see the end of this one sticking up.

you are the man.... thanks so much for putting up with my questions and helping out.

I'd also like to point out that both Dan and Jester were HUGE helps via PM's. Those two are class acts.

Thanks so much

edit- I just bent it up... think i should replace it incase it got weak or damaged by the bend?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I think that it would be fine!! If it doesn't cause any more prob's don't worry about it!! Go shoot it!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts