MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldnt help but post this.....sorry.....lol

Everytime I go in there I just wish I could stay the night, its almost like a second home for me, kind of like Home Depot....lol

I love the way there warehouse is layed out, and the employees are awesome, just want to talk to you for the sake of talking!! Anyway, those of you that dont have one in your city, I would start requesting!!!!

Just had to comment on this, thinking about going again today just to roam around.....lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
I am with you finalfusion. There is a Sportsmans Warehouse about a mile from where I work. I go there every chance I get!! It is a great store and just like you said, the employees are very helpful and seem to be very knowledgeable. I think that Sportsman's Warehouse treats it's employees right also. Last year I was talking with one of the guys behind the Gift Bar where they sell knives. GPS, binoch's, ETC... He told me that since this store had sold the highest qty of GPS's that all the people working at the Gift Bar were getting one of the top of the line Garmin GPS's as a gift. Pretty cool. I love the store.

We are supposed to be getting a Cabela's in the next couple of years also just over the Idaho border.

Ron

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ront said:
I am with you finalfusion. There is a Sportsmans Warehouse about a mile from where I work. I go there every chance I get!! It is a great store and just like you said, the employees are very helpful and seem to be very knowledgeable. I think that Sportsman's Warehouse treats it's employees right also. Last year I was talking with one of the guys behind the Gift Bar where they sell knives. GPS, binoch's, ETC... He told me that since this store had sold the highest qty of GPS's that all the people working at the Gift Bar were getting one of the top of the line Garmin GPS's as a gift. Pretty cool. I love the store.

We are supposed to be getting a Cabela's in the next couple of years also just over the Idaho border.

Ron

Yeah Sportsmans is where its at!! And a free Garmin GPS as a gift, I am going to fill out an app. today then.....lol

We just got our Cabellas a few months ago, Since I was young my uncles always had the catologs and I would spend hours pointing, saying I want this this this this this etc etc etc....all day. It was nice to finally get the chance to go in and do the same thing, but having money to spend....lol

Are you located near Cordelane Lake? A couple eyars back my wife took me up to Farmington Wa to meet her old man......its just outseide of Spokeane. Anyway I just loved Wa state and Idaho, We are planning on moving there soon I hope. At least the plan is there.....lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
Coeur d'Alene is about 15 -20 miles from Spokane. It is pretty there. For the most part we really like it here.

Ron

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ront said:
Coeur d'Alene is about 15 -20 miles from Spokane. It is pretty there. For the most part we really like it here.

Ron

Thanks for the spell check....lol Yeah I just fell in love with it up there. Kind of reminds me of back home/Oklahoma! But better to say the least. Well when we get moved up there we will have to meet for a shoot!!!! It will be far better than our dessert shoots here in Phoenix, Az....lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
NP on the spell check. I am still trying to figure out the pronunciation:? . It wouold be nice to meet you finalfusion and do some shooting.

Ron

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ront said:
NP on the spell check. I am still trying to figure out the pronunciation:? . It wouold be nice to meet you finalfusion and do some shooting.

Ron

Deffinately!!! We are planning a trip up there in November, if all works out we will deffinately go out and have a little fun!

Later brother

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah, I love that store. The prices are really good on guns too. They seem to be as good as most of the online places but you don't have to deal with waiting, shipping, transferring, etc. There was one where I used to live before I had to move away for school and I really miss it.

Also, glad you like Idaho, I grew up in Boise area and now live a bit south of Couer d'Alene. My brother lives in Sandpoint. It's north of Coeur d'Alene and less of a Spokane weekend getaway so it's much less crowded and has a better lake, you might check that out too. If I could live anywhere in this state that's where it would be. Not that Coeur d'Alene isn't really nice as well but I think Sandpoint is just a bit better IMHO.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thedude said:
Yeah, I love that store. The prices are really good on guns too. They seem to be as good as most of the online places but you don't have to deal with waiting, shipping, transferring, etc. There was one where I used to live before I had to move away for school and I really miss it.

Also, glad you like Idaho, I grew up in Boise area. My brother lives in Sandpoint. It's north of Coeur d'Alene and less of a Spokane weekend getaway so it's much less crowded and has a better lake, you might check that out too. If I could live anywhere in this state that's where it would be.

I agree bro! I only went that one time, and I have been wating to go back. Its driving me crazy, especially how Phoenix,Az is over populated, and is only getting worse by the minute! Ans yes Coeur d'Alene Lake was just beutiful!!!! It is deffinately the place I want to be, I have been to many states, and Wa and Idaho are just it for me! Plus Canada is just one trip north!

Anyway......next time we are there I will check out Sanpoint for sure, thanks for the head sup brother!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Sandpoint in very nice. I had relatives there and have spent a fair amount of time there. Very pretty. We got caught in a quite a storm on the lake there once. It was pretty unbelievable how big the swells were for a lake! I kid you not, they were 8-10 ft high!!

Just a few hours away is McCall also. I have not been there for years, but it used to be beautiful also.

Ron

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ront said:
Sandpoint in very nice. I had relatives there and have spent a fair amount of time there. Very pretty. We got caught in a quite a storm on the lake there once. It was pretty unbelievable how big the swells were for a lake! I kid you not, they were 8-10 ft high!!

Just a few hours away is McCall also. I have not been there for years, but it used to be beautiful also.

Ron

Did you just say surfing in the lake....what??....lol I think that is just awesome, at least get to bookie board again.....lol When I was there it rained every day and I just loved it......being from Phoenix we dont even know what rain is.....lol No actually its finally about to start raining as I type, but its so dry here it is not often it rains ,maybe I should move to western washington, or Oregon coast??....lol Then I would be sick of all the rain!!! Anyway I will be checking out the places mentioned here, thankis guys for pointing out the nice spots to go! Will be doing that for sure.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Morgan Walker said:
I have never been, but I get there catalogs every now and then. I will have to look for one in the South.

Not any in the state of LA. Are you north south?? Looks like the closest one to you is South Eastern Texas. Actually took a double take on that, North eastern also....lol I am looking at my Sportsmans News, for free I might ad.....lol Next time I go I will think of you my freind.....lol

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol......just thought i would rub it in a little. I was serious about finding out what part of the state you where located, I was trying to eleminate alot of the time on my hands finding a location nearest you.....lmao It is a cool store for sure, once you get one in your town you will be very pleased with the way its all layed out!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts