MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some searches for what guide rod and spring people are running for minor power factor loads in their M&P .40, and saw stuff all over the map. I'm running the stock unit now, and when I built the very lightest power factor loads, I started to see some failures. With a 150ish PF load, the brass still just drizzles out of the ejection port. What is everyone currently running successfully? Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I run a Wolff carbon steel guide rod for a Glock 17 and a Wolff 15lb Glock 17 recoil spring in one of my M&P9s and a 13lb one in the other. It makes it shoot pretty darn flat with Remington 147gr JHP subsonic.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I have the speed shoters guide rod and ISMI 13# spring I have yet to try the 11# I got I think I may like it better as I still get the trickling brass with my 200gr 40 loads (hard to get the slide velocity when the bullet is only leaving the barrel at 650fps :wink: )

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
(hard to get the slide velocity when the bullet is only leaving the barrel at 650fps :wink: )

Yeah, and your targets are a PITA to score!! You have to pull the 200 Grain Bullets that get stuck on the Trargets!! They are going so darn slow that they won't penetrate cardboard at over 5 Yds!!

Y

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
ysued said:
Yeah, and your targets are a PITA to score!! You have to pull the 200 Grain Bullets that get stuck on the Trargets!! They are going so darn slow that they won't penetrate cardboard at over 5 Yds!!

Y

Hey not true they will make it through the 5 yarders it isn't until 15 that they start to get stuck.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
[quote name='ysued']Yeah, and your targets are a PITA to score!! You have to pull the 200 Grain Bullets that get stuck on the Trargets!! They are going so darn slow that they won't penetrate cardboard at over 5 Yds!!

Y

Hey not true they will make it through the 5 yarders it isn't until 15 that they start to get stuck.
[/quote]

Picky, Picky!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
hmm

i made up some 9mm loads that chrono'd at 130 pf. I was using the stock spring and guide rod assembly, worked fine and i fired about 50 rounds at that load... I would think the 40's may have a slightly heavier spring in them, you may want to drop it down a couple pounds if your running light loads.

I've read somewhere, maybe enos forum that some thought the change to the stock assembly didn't get you much of a change in felt recoil with the Minor PF loads, perception i'm sure..

I might just get a stainless guide rod and a couple differnt imsi springs and see.

G17 fits the 9mm full size correct ?.

Jeff.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm using the Speed Shooters Specialties SS Guide Rod and ISMI 15 Lb Glock Springs for my 147Gr Reloads with Tight Group for 130PF, and they are very accurate loads I must say. The guns works like a charm with the 15 LB Springs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ysued said:
I'm using the Speed Shooters Specialties SS Guide Rod and ISMI 15 Lb Glock Springs for my 147Gr Reloads with Tight Group for 130PF, and they are very accurate loads I must say. The guns works like a charm with the 15 LB Springs.

Have you tried that load with a 13# IMSI yet? I'm having my trigger job done and Dawsons put on mine so I haven't had a chance to see how line works with different springs yet. My pet load for my G34 is built on a 115gr TG load but I have a couple thousand Zero 147gr bullets coming in about a week.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
ysued said:

Care to share that load?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Can you use a Glock 17 gide rod in the M&P?

If so I would like to use a Glockmeister tungsten rod. What spring for M&P9 using WC white box? Any guesses?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Morphire said:
[quote name='ysued']I'm using the Speed Shooters Specialties SS Guide Rod and ISMI 15 Lb Glock Springs for my 147Gr Reloads with Tight Group for 130PF, and they are very accurate loads I must say. The guns works like a charm with the 15 LB Springs.

Have you tried that load with a 13# IMSI yet? [/quote]

Yes, but with my G17 and I didn't like it, I liked the 15 Lbs better!!

Morphire said:
I'm having my trigger job done and Dawsons put on mine so I haven't had a chance to see how line works with different springs yet. My pet load for my G34 is built on a 115gr TG load but I have a couple thousand Zero 147gr bullets coming in about a week.

I went to a 147 Rainier

·
Registered
533 Posts
Re: Can you use a Glock 17 gide rod in the M&P?

RCKnight said:
If so I would like to use a Glockmeister tungsten rod. What spring for M&P9 using WC white box? Any guesses?

If you are shooting USPSA, make sure that the gun doesn't go 2 Oz over the Stock Weight!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
[quote name='ysued']I'm using the Speed Shooters Specialties SS Guide Rod and ISMI 15 Lb Glock Springs for my 147Gr Reloads with Tight Group for 130PF, and they are very accurate loads I must say. The guns works like a charm with the 15 LB Springs.

Care to share that load?[/quote]

I don't know of the Web site would want me to publish Reloading Data, but PM me and I'll give you all Details.

Y

·
Registered
533 Posts
PM Replied to!!

Y

1 - 17 of 17 Posts