5,726 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Pictures of some of my cars at WWW.POLARISRACINGGROUP.COM

I wash them - - every once in a while. I wax them - - very seldom.

I drive the crap out of them - - every chance I get.

Not included in the pictures are the 1994 Italia with 12 psi boost supercharger and full race trim - our track car that's (barely) driveable on ther street as well, my Ford Expedition - our German Shepherd's favorite vehicle and my wife's 06 Jeep Wrangler.

Y'all have a really great day.

BLACKJACK

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a very fun lil mustang. I've got a vortech blower with intercooler. Pushing 414 rwhp now

the thing scares me when it is cold out

·
Registered
207 Posts
machgt said:
the thing scares me when it is cold out

Yeh, I had an 03' Cobra before my Jeep.... replaced the Eaton and had her cranked up to CLOSE to 600/600 at the wheels.... It was nasty on the street...

Never really get scared on/in anything, until I hop on this beast, it is just rediculous fast. Selling it right now though, just not safe to ride on the streets around here anymore

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dropped it into 3rd gear to pass someone going 55 and it got a bit loose in the back end.

drag radials + blower + cold air is quite interesting sometimes

·
Registered
207 Posts
machgt said:
I dropped it into 3rd gear to pass someone going 55 and it got a bit loose in the back end.

drag radials + blower + cold air is quite interesting sometimes

Yeh, that was the story of my life... I ran Nitto's and those things were real finicky about how warm I would have to get them for them to really STICK. Too cold or too hot and even they wouldn't hook up

·
Registered
52 Posts
MACH GT,

Be very, VERY, carefull with that kind of RWHP - especially in the cold weather - in Iowa. Street tires - even really good ones - can act like great big "hockey pucks" when cold. Add a bit of "wet" and you can be in for the ride of your life.

I've got 540 HP - at the crank - on the Blue Cobra. 90 inch wheel base and 2150 pounds with a full tank. That sucker just LOOKS for a chance to run away from me. In the cold and wet it's REALLY a challenge.

I'm sure you know all this, buddy. I'd just much rather be a pain in the ass and remind you than see you "roll-up" that little beauty. I can tell you - - it happens REAL fast. I hit a wall at Road Atlanta last July at 140 MPH. I'm "bouncing" 3 or 4 times and wondering all the while WTF happened - - and I've been doing this for over a half century.

Y'all have a really great - and safe - day.

BLACKJACK

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BLACKJACK said:
MACH GT,

Be very, VERY, carefull with that kind of RWHP - especially in the cold weather - in Iowa. Street tires - even really good ones - can act like great big "hockey pucks" when cold. Add a bit of "wet" and you can be in for the ride of your life.

I've got 540 HP - at the crank - on the Blue Cobra. 90 inch wheel base and 2150 pounds with a full tank. That sucker just LOOKS for a chance to run away from me. In the cold and wet it's REALLY a challenge.

I'm sure you know all this, buddy. I'd just much rather be a pain in the butt and remind you than see you "roll-up" that little beauty. I can tell you - - it happens REAL fast. I hit a wall at Road Atlanta last July at 140 MPH. I'm "bouncing" 3 or 4 times and wondering all the while WTF happened - - and I've been doing this for over a half century.

Y'all have a really great - and safe - day.

I'm usually not too crazy with it. and I have my F150 for when the weather is less then desirable.

BLACKJACK

·
Registered
319 Posts
i don't have any good pics

My Mustang is still in garage as its crap out(snowing today), and not back on road yet...

My BN RX-8 is back in dealer to get scratch on hood fixed(Stupid detail boy, dropped phillips screw driver on its hood 3 min before i took the deliverly 2 weeks ago)

My T/A is sitting out covered in god knows what waiting to be sold....

some what new pics(taken 2 weeks ago the day i picked up RX8)

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'll play too. I don't wax mine since the paint is 15 years old but I did bathe it and polish the wheels a little. This is the first time I've really taken any pics of it since I got it almost a year ago. Sad. I drive it almost everyday. It was my only car for about 6 months. Runs like a top. New 350/325, new tranny, dual exhaust and flowmasters. It sounds mean for a grocery getter. :twisted: :twisted:

I accept paypal donations for the "get a new paintjob for John's wagon foundation".

P.S. For Sale $5000 firm :roll:

·
Registered
910 Posts
This thread makes me miss my 10th Anniv. '03 Cobra.
Pictures below next to my buddies black '03 with 10th Anniv. wheels out at Brookgreen Gardens near Myrtle Beach, SC. Dyno'd 463/489. Had basic mods(pulley, exhaust, intake, basic tune from Eric Brooks car - owner of modularfords.com) etc., and an 8.8 out a new Mach 1 after I broke the stock halfshafts twice, and got pissed that I still had hop with some used Level 5's I bought. Car also had a 125 shot compucar wetkit installed by my buddy Darrel, but it was never tuned/used. Car got sold when I was in tech school after joining the Air Force - a few months after I found out me and the wife were having a little girl!

I miss it, but at the same time I don't. Car sat around broke a lot. And now I have an additional $560(car + insurance)/mo to spend on guns. :twisted:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts