MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
CCM said:
I see that if I have the front strap stippled on the 9MM it would move it from SSP to ESP. I've searched this sight and haven't been able to find an answer but:

What is the down side to moving to ESP?

Is it a tougher division, more competitive?

I was just trying to make an informed decision if there was any real problem with starting in ESP?

You've answered most of your own questions.

Yes, by having the grip stippled, technically your gun now falls into ESP. Had you not stippled the grip, the gun can be shot in both SSP and ESP.

The downside of ESP? well, you'll be competing against shooters using 9mm, .38 super or .40 S&W 1911s. Theoretically they have a slight edge over other guns due to better trigger, longer sight radius, heavier gun to soak up those bone crunching 9mm ball recoil
. Don't sweat it, shoot it, have fun and learn.

BTW, I shoot my stock Beretta and M&P Compact in ESP and SSP, depending on my mood on match day.

·
Registered
240 Posts
CCM said:
Ricky ,

I may not of made it clear in the original post. I haven't actually gotten the work done to the 9MM yet. I appreciate the help and advice you guys have given.

Oh, and Ricky, I appreciate the reference to "Bone Chrushing 9MM Recoil." Made me laugh out loud.

Thanks for the help guys.

Be Safe,

Chuck

Chuck:

Part of being old and posting way past my bed time made me read that you already had to work done. Sorry bro.

Those 9mm packs a wallop, doesn't it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.