MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a lefty and looking to buy an AR. Since they make a "true lefty", I was just looking for some input on the company.

Any opinions from left handed shooters on any AR would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Stag is good stuff. It's who actually makes the S&W M&P15 rifles.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I dont recommend lefty AR's as a standard AR works fine for righty or lefties with the addition of a Ambi-Catch (magazine release).

Stag makes good stuff.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Why wouldn't you recommend a lefty, just out of curiosity?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mainly because they have proprietary (lefty) bolt carrier assemblies. You may never have a problem, but if you do.... Spare parts are available for the lefty AR's but in the field it could be a major issue. (*This may or may not be a concern of yours)

A standard right handed AR is just as ambidextrious as the lefty AR's with the addition of a ambi safety selector and the Norgon "Ambi-Catch". I shoot with three guys that are lefties, who own standard AR's without any issues.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I understand your reasoning.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I'm a lefty and I shoot a standard AR. I don't need an ambi-catch either. I do use an ambi-safety though. With the brass deflector molded onto the receiver, the brass gets deflected forward (out of your face).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YukonGlocker said:
I'm a lefty and I shoot a standard AR. I don't need an ambi-catch either. I do use an ambi-safety though. With the brass deflector molded onto the receiver, the brass gets deflected forward (out of your face).

Thanks, its the brass in the face, that concerned me the most.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm a Lefty, have been for years.

For fun, not for work, I bought one of the L/H Stag ARs in 6.8mm SPC. Mine has the Ambi selector lever but not the Norgon ambi mag release. I have gotten so used to punching the mag release with the thumb of my support hand that I have never really gotten into using the ambi mag release with my trigger finger.

The L/H Stags are nicely turned out and mine runs. Q/C on it seemed pretty darn good - better than I've encountered from other name companies.

Erick

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
Stag staked out a good reputation quite quickly, they initially took off with a lot of the guys for their reasonably priced stripped lower receiver, and then their left hand AR's came out to almost universal rave reviews.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm still deciding on which rifle to go with. I'm also talking to Grant @ G&RTactical about a build. I'll be doing something soon though.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I have been firing M16's for 19 years, just in the last 8 years have I been firing M4's. I shoot a rifle lefty and have no issues with brass ejecting in your face. You just get used to seeing the brass ejecting near your face... :wink: However, I am seriously in debate with a few friends and fellow Soldiers which manufacturer has the best buy for the buck when it comes to AR15's. IMO, I believe Stag Arms is that true leader for quality, customer support and sheer reputuation.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Spike's tac lower, with your choice upper, cheap, and the way your want it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After doing alot of research and shooting my brothers AR, I'm not concerned with any lefty issues.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The Stag LH is a fine weapon. One of my local dealers is a leftie and has one. After 10k rounds he says its perfect. Never a problem. 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts