MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone lead me to a match stainless bbl option for the M&P? Threaded/non-threaded both fine.

Thanks,

MB

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I use the factory stainless non-threaded barrel when I shoot matches! :wink:

It's more accurate than I am.

·
Registered
103 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
I use the factory stainless non-threaded barrel when I shoot matches! :wink:

It's more accurate than I am.

I agree. Spend the money on practice ammo instead of a match barrel. You'll be better off in the long run.

Joe

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I am just getting greedy. I have a Bowie Tactical trigger job that allowed me to dramatically improve my accuracy....I thought a fancy bbl would further improve it.

I have heard of several people being very happy with match bbls in their Glocks so I was curious if there were such options for the M&P.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm searching for the same thing. Bar-Sto and KKM say they have no plans to produce a match barrel for the M&P. I haven't heard back from Jarvis.

I'm a little curious as to what people consider acceptable accuracy from a stock M&P - best I can do with either of my M&P9s is around 6" at 25 yards. That's marginal for USPSA competition, which is my primary use...

- Chris

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
The factory barrel in the M&P is a very accurate design. Just like any barrel, they are going to shoot different with different ammunition.

My best 5 shot group with my M&P 9mm is 2" at 25 yards. And I don't practice precise shooting with a pistol very often. If I took the time to work up some loads, I'm sure I could do better than that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
The factory barrel in the M&P is a very accurate design. Just like any barrel, they are going to shoot different with different ammunition.

My best 5 shot group with my M&P 9mm is 2" at 25 yards. And I don't practice precise shooting with a pistol very often. If I took the time to work up some loads, I'm sure I could do better than that.

2" at 25 is pretty sporty for a stock gun even with good reloads Yukon -

·
Registered
405 Posts
seriously..reading reviews in mag's most are hailing the M&P as the most accurate out of the box Poly pistol to begin with.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hmph. This morning I managed to fire ten rounds into 3" at 25 yards, benched off my shooting bag. Maybe I should put the quest on hiatus.

- Chris

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Chris Rhines said:
Hmph. This morning I managed to fire ten rounds into 3" at 25 yards, benched off my shooting bag. Maybe I should put the quest on hiatus.

- Chris

That would be my suggestion... :wink: BTW, nice shooting.

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
The accuracy weak point in any firearm is normally the one holding it! It's not impossible tor the shooter to be capable of better accuracy than the firearm, but it would be downright rare!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks. I'm going to spend some time shooting groups the next few times I hit the range, and we'll see if I can do it consistently.

I should mention that this M&P has a 2.5lb. Dan Burwell trigger job. That helped, I'm sure.

- Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts