MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the compacts have the stainless steel subframe as in the fullsize models?

I just got a new MP9c, disassembled it but could not see the subframe. I've thought that the subframe was one of the main selling point of the MP series?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
The subframe is embedded in the plastic.

The serial number is stamped on the subframe. And you can see part of it under the slide lock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh thanks Yukon!

The serial number is MPL.. so this one may still have the mag drop issue right? What other issues should I keep an eye out for?

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
another question - last nite, got to clean it. The bore, after scrubbing with brass brush and bore solution, looks dull and a bit pitted. Is this normal for MP?

The bores of my Sig and Glocks usually come to a mirror shine after scrubbing with brush.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I'd say clean it some more, mine shines.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Siagonsmuggler...If you are having problems cleaning out crud in your barrel bore, try a bore paste such as JB or USB. It does a pretty good job with a bit of elbow grease.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YukonGlocker said:
What "bore solution" are you using?
I am using Birchwood Casey Bore Scrubber. This solution is several years old. It's still effective on my Glocks and Sig 229.

coldsteel said:
Siagonsmuggler...If you are having problems cleaning out crud in your barrel bore, try a bore paste such as JB or USB. It does a pretty good job with a bit of elbow grease.
on a brand new gun? I haven't even fired it yet.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
are you jagging it or just swabbing it.

I tossed all my swab tips for jags years ago.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok got to clean it again, this time I let the solution soak for 4 hours, then brass brush, still same situation with the bore. Tomorrow is the big day for this gun - planning to run at least 400 rounds thru it, with about 50 of Ranger 127gr +P+, 100 of Spanish NATO (which is about the same in blast and recoil as the Ranger +P+ stuff), 50 of GoldDot 147gr, and the rest of Blazer alum stuff.

After that, I will thoroughly clean the bore again. If it still looks pitted, then I guess a trip to S&W might be in order.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok we put the rounds thru. There were over 10 instances of the slide locking back prematurely with 1 round still in the mag. My brother took his 9 yr old son with us and he was limpwristing big time as his hands were too small. That resulted in many FTF's but that's not the gun's fault. The premature slide locking back happens mainly with me shooting since I was the one putting most of the rounds thru this gun.

Felt recoil was actually a bit less than the Glock 26, shooting same ammo, side by side. Accuracy was great, even with the pitted bore.

I guess a call to S&W CS is in order.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts