MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY I would like to change my sights to a d.p. fo front and a warren tactial rear what are the dimernsions of the standarnd sights of the M&P 40?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
You mean dawson? I really don't know. The warren is designed to work with the stock front, if the Dawson is designed to work with the stock rear your good.

·
Registered
147 Posts
They have one f/o front sight that will work with a factory rear and should work with the Warren rear, Dawson # 021-035. It's .125 wide and .160 tall, we have the complete line of Dawson M&P sights in stock along with the 10-8 rear sight but I haven't had time to put them on the web site, I'll get that done the first part of the week. Email me if you want one and I'll get you the details. The Warren rear and HiViz fronts should be in this week.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for the sight info yeah i just want the standard heigth at this time are they hard to install?

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
MSB the dawson will work with the Warren rear. I shot Ernest's gun with that combination and it was dead nuts on. I put an a number of rounds inside of an about 1 1/2 to 2 inch dot with the exception of one round that I hammered the trigger on. CHECK 360 David Bowie

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sights

hey mister Bowie thanks for the info Im planning on replacing them my self.. back in the old days I did all my own pistol work..(1911 back in the 80's) Ive been out of the loop for awhile, but Im back in so how is it that you get to shoot Ernies M&P? Do you sell the sights inquestion? I also need some magizines...

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I have the warren and all mags in stock, Don't have the Dawsons though.

The warren rear is a joke to replace. Fronts are alitte tougher.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Front

Jester thanks for the info where is your sight? hey do i need to heat up the front sight is there red loctite under it?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
mp-store.com

I havn't ever changed the M&P front, but on the XD's there was, I woulnd't heat it though.

I asked the same question to David. His answer was "always check 360" as in 360 degrees, always watch your surroundings.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks

Jester I ordered the rear warren sight from your store thanks still wonderig if there is a sight tool that would work for the m&P.

·
Registered
147 Posts
We use the B&J Machine P-500 Universal Sight Tool. So far it's worked on everything I've tried it on, front or rear sights. It's heavy duty and totally adjustable for pretty much anything. I'm sure there are others that will work but that's what we use. This tool is in our online catalog and is in stock. The Warren prototypes that I installed were extremely tight but Scott says the new ones aren't that tight so they may be easier to work with, I haven't installed one of the new ones yet.

·
Registered
96 Posts
kend said:
The Warren prototypes that I installed were extremely tight but Scott says the new ones aren't that tight so they may be easier to work with, I haven't installed one of the new ones yet.

I put the Warren rear sight on my M&P last night, it slid right in, no sight tool or drift needed. They might have made it too easy, the set screw is the only thing keeping the sight from sliding out on it's own.

I posted some photos of the sight in this thread: http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1802

KO

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I suggest you use red locktite when you get it in the right spot.

Has worked fine for me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Jester said:
I suggest you use red locktite when you get it in the right spot.

Has worked fine for me.

Yep, will do. It was dark and -10 degrees outside after I put the sights on last night, so I'll get

her zeroed in this evening and LocTite the rear.

KO

1 - 16 of 16 Posts