MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just won this and a 12 month membership at the range where I shoot PPC with a group. Not what I would call a club but close.

I have never shot a Steyr but it feels good in my hand. This one is in 9mm.

I have heard about this sight style, but again, have never used them.

Does any body have any experience with Steyr or these sights?

I am getting ready to tear it down and polish the feed ramp and condition with EEZOX. I'll hit the range tomorrow.

Now I have to order another set of dies and turret for my press!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I agree...

·
Registered
312 Posts
The Steyr M40A1 was at the top of my list....before the "troubles", aka the possibility of Steyr rifles being found in fascist Islamic hands and the subsequent semi-withdrawal from the US market.

Having the USA headquarters about 9 miles from the house might've had a little to do with that maybe.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hit the range today with the new Steyr.

After polishing the feed ramp and conditioning with EEZOX last night, I reassembled the M9-A! and sent 200 rounds down range. It performed flawlessly.

The sights took a little getting used to. If I line them up as pictured above I am shooting 4" low at 7 yards. If I stack the sights to form a pyramid I am dead on out to 15 yards. This pistol is a tack hammer! I just wish that I was as consistent as it is!

The trigger pull is just about perfect for me. It has a crisper break than the M&P but the take up is not as smooth owing to the design of the trigger safety. This may be a technique issue, although it is really not a huge deal as it only effects the first shot. The reset is so distinctive that I never had to fully reset the trigger even in 2+1 drill from concealed.

My M&P40c has a more comfortable feel for me but this points naturally and has very little muzzle flip. The grip is quite different than the M&P (not as "sticky") but still nice. It won't be taking over as my primary carry but it will be a very viable alternative once I get 1000 rounds or so through it.

Now I have to get a IWB made up for it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts