MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having problems with the Shield Plus slide lock. Mine is so stiff I can't consistently get the slide to release by pulling back all the way. I seem to have to go "gangster style" tilted to the side to get it to release. Over the top often doesn't work. I know it will probably break in but this is ridiculous. Forget about using your thumb to release the slide.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are you saying that once you release the tension on the slide lock the slide lock won't go down to get out of the way of the notch in the slide? Or that it's just hard to use the lock as a release?

I don't think I'm following your description.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry maybe a little to much Easter wine. When I release the tension on the slide lock the slide lock won't go down to get out of the way of the notch in the slide. I pull all the way back on the slide and it won't release. After playing with it for a few hours it is now much better. I learned you can't baby it and must do it more aggressively and quickly.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Try taking the slide off and flip it up and down a few times to see if you can see where the tension is. That's what I'd do anyway :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are you trying to release it with an empty magazine in or do you have it completely unloaded with no magazine? If you have an empty magazine in it is not supposed to release until you eject the empty mag and then release the slide while holding the slide stop lever down. Don't drop the slide hard on an empty chamber. I have owned 3 Shields and none of them would allow me to drop the slide even on a full magazine when they were new. Smith wants you to slingshot it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No mag in the gun. I had the Shield 2.0 previously. I know the slide stop is almost impossible to use when you first get the gun. Just trying to break it in by locking the slide back and trying to get it to release with my thumbs. When that doesn't work I sling shot it. It has gotten better and I'm sure it will be fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Run a couple rounds through it. I’m at 400 rounds though mine. It gets a little easier. My 2.0 wasn’t stiff but my 1.0 was. My plus is the stiffest of them all

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nature of the M&P beast. All mine were almost impossible to release at first, 45 Shield still is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts