MP-Pistol Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm glad mine has a stiff safety, as I'm a lefty and don't use it. That way, I don't have to worry about it accidently coming on. As long as you have a good holster and keep your trigger finger out of the guard, until you're ready to shoot, it won't go off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too have X-large hands, most xl gloves do not fit at all. I found it difficult, not impossible, to swipe the safety off during weapon presentation from IWB holster.
Problems arise however, when the temperature drops and my fingers get cold. I used to live at Lake Tahoe so I know how cold effects and limits speed and dexterity of digits. A little additional area for thumb contact works great for me. No arthritis yet, but I hope to live long enough.....:lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Permanent off position would be great for me as I don't want the safety at all, but a stiff seems to be the best I am going to get once I make the purchase.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
So I bought a .40 Shield just over a month ago and thankfully mine has a stiff to engage safety. The safety will remain in the off position during its life in my care. That safety is too small to reliably disengage if my thumb is wet or sweaty and is considered to be a liability. My other M&P's do not have safeties and this one will be ignored.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That safety is too small to reliably disengage if my thumb is wet or sweaty and is considered to be a liability. this one will be ignored.
+1

After receiving instructions and learning a new fire drill from a SWAT leader, I will remove the epoxy I had used on the safety and will carry with the safety off. Forever and ever, Amen.
Ron

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a shield today and was comparing it to my other shield that i bouth a month ago. I have discovered that the new shield has an extremely stiff safety. I have an extremely hard time with the new shield. It actually hurts my thumb to switch the safety off. Hasen anyone else had this issue?
I tried one in the store yesterday, and I could not get the safety working. The salesman just said they are stiff when new. Now, I may not purchase.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts