MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I recently completed my trigger job on my M&P 9 and its definitely awesome compared to what it was from the factory. Its a very smooth trigger pull initially and short return. My only complaint is that its still somewhat stiff and jerky when the trigger bar goes over the plunger. I've rounded and polished the plunger however I'm still looking for ways to improve the last bit of stiffness and jerky motion over the plunger. Any one lightened the spring for the plunger? Or perhaps rounded the plunger more to the point there really isn't much of a flat spot whatsoever left on it? Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
if you followed the instructions you should be good to go! Look at them again and make sure you rounded it over enough and evenly too!!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
You shouldn't really need to replace the spring. It is likley that either the plunger needs more radius or the trigger bar contact isn't quite as smooth as it could be, if all else fails put some greese on it. Enos' slide gilde is my fav.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all of your input! I'll give the plunger another once over with some polishing compound and then maybe some slide glide if it's still a little rough.

Thanks again

·
Registered
116 Posts
If all you did was polish the plunger (you said polishing compound), you probably didn't round it enough. I'm not sure what you are saying there.

·
Registered
936 Posts
bench grinder, followed with some felt polishing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts