MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It makes all the difference the world. The gun bites into my hands now, which is what I wanted.

I went for function and did this in about 10 minutes. Don't grab your soldering iron directly though:

I left a white smudge on the iron itself and it smelled like something awful. My finger still stinks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nice job! That looks almost like lizard or croc scales.

I'm tempted to try something along these lines out for my 9c.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm terrible with our digital camera and couldn't get a decent picture in focus. The pattern actually came out very nice. It's not to the level of the guys who have been doing it for money but it's not sloppy.

I'm going to try small, circular "pebbles" on my medium backstrap tonight and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a different view of the large backstrap:

My ghetto workstation:

I "pebbled" the medium backstrap with tiny holes. I prefer the feeling of this to the pattern I did on the larger backstrap, but unfortunately the medium doesn't fit my hands as well.

It was a royal pain in the a$$ and took over an hour, whereas I was able to do the first in about 10-15 minutes.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Yeah I pebbled mine and the dots man I still have nightmares.... It is real easy to do and yours looks like a sweet set up good job

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
101Combat Vet said:
Yeah I pebbled mine and the dots man I still have nightmares.... It is real easy to do and yours looks like a sweet set up good job

LOL...thanks. Yeah, after a while I was starting to go cross-eyed from staring at the grip so hard. I have a workbench in the corner of my garage but I stippled the grips on the trash can in the middle of the garage so that the breeze from my back door to the garage door would carry away the fumes. They're pretty noxious after a while.

I really do appreciate the way these feel and now a grip without any treatment feels too slick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts