MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of doing it to my M&P40. Any ideas on the direction the stippling should run? I was thinking vertically on the backstrap and horizontally on the front.

Any ideas?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Do a search and you'll find lots of info, and pics.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
choochboost said:
Some run their stippling vertically, some horizontal, others no specific grain or direction. I do not have a stippled grip, but I would suspect that since my hand is wrapped around the grip horizontally I would prefer to have the stippling vertical so that my grip is against the grain.

Therein lies my question. I have seen many examples of stippling. My thoughts are that a gun rises in the front (more than in the back). My grip in the back tends to slide sideways--out of proper alignment. Just thinking but that is my rationale for the directional stippling.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Stippling should be ran more vertical. The gun tries to twist in the hand so the lines running up and down with stops in that line are better at stabilizing this. I have played with this for many years and have found the vertical is far better. I have shot and built guns for my self with both to try this and that it why mine are vertical. You do not want just a long line you also want to have small horizontal stops to have the same effect as checkering.

Good Luck

CHECK 360

David Bowie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts